Frozen Meatballs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
I have been wanting some pasta with meatballs. It has been a good number of years since I had any. So I had a coupon of some Italian Sounding Company and you had to buy two packages of meatballs, of course. (pet peeve)

So I used the coupon and with a large jar of doctored sauce, I had me some last night. Boy, was I surprised. They were delicious. I actually got up in the middle of the night and tossed two more into the zapper and ate them just plain.

I will never make meatballs again. (They are a lot of work.) And there is no need for me to make a Sunday gravy since I live alone. I tossed the meatballs into the sauce while they were frozen and let them along with the gravy simmer for a couple of hours and stirring every so often. I defy any Italian restaurant or Italian Nonni to make a better plate of pasta and meatballs. :angel:

These are fully cooked and flamed broiled. And they have four cheeses in them Quattro Formagglo Meatballs is the name of the product. Translated - Four Cheeses. There are approximately 18 meatballs per bag and each one is 1.5 oz. Dinner Size Meatballs. No MSG added. The bag is black and white instructions printed on the back.

What I liked about them beside the flavor is that they are soft and yet hold together. They are ideal size for meatball sub sandwiches. Use your own sauce (gravy).

There is a picture of a plate of spaghetti on the front with the meatballs on a white plate. In the background of the picture of the pasta are two bottles of olive oil, cheeses, rolling pin and olives.

I hope this is enough of a description. Good luck. They come out of Tewksbury, MA. :angel:

Last edited:
Thanks Addie, I'll keep a lookout for them, though I doubt we have them here. All I can usually find here is Mama something's, which are OK, but nothing to write home about.

I have never been satisfied with any commercial, frozen, products. The frozen meatballs we have are homemade. Some flash frozen vegis are ok as are some seafood.

Addie, I must admit you & I agree on the seafood thing. I don't know if frozen meatball's is something I would like.

I've had very good frozen meatballs and some that were like sponges. I could never remember the brand of good ones so I usually make my own and freeze them. I'll keep a lookout for these, it'll make a really nice, quick and tasty dinner.

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

These are fully cooked and flamed broiled. And they have four cheeses in them Quattro Formagglo Meatballs is the name of the product.

I've had those, Addie! That is the only brand of frozen meatballs I'll eat. I do make my own from time to time, but like you, I question why go through the work if some delicious ones can be purchased reasonably enough. :chef:

Now I'm craving some meatballs...

Any time I have made my own in large amounts, I bake them in the oven. So much easier that using a sauté pan. But like someone else said. Only when there is a good sale on ground meat. Otherwise it will be frozen ones in this abode. :angel:

I usually get the Casa di Bertacci ones from Sam's club. I've had the Mama Whatever brand too. The Mama brand was okay but we really like the Sam's Club ones. I'll keep an eye out for the ones you tried Addie. They sound good.

Now that my stomach isn't in knots, I'm craving food, meatballs! Although that sounds like the worst thing I could eat at the moment!

I ate wheat thins and ginger ale today, they've never tasted better!

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I get my frozen meatballs from Costco. Huge bag, wonderful flavor.

The texture of a meatball is as important as flavor to me. If it's hard like a well done burger, it's not right. A meatball should be soft and tender, just barely holding together until you use the edge of your fork to break it in half.

Do the Costco ones have a good texture.

Last edited:
PF, are they the Kirkland brand, or are they under another name? I haven't looked to see what Costco carries.

The texture of a meatball is as important as flavor to me. If it's hard like a well done burger, it's not right. A meatball should be soft and tender, just barely holding together until you use the edge of your fork to break it in half.

Do the Costco ones have a good texture.

Yes, they have nice chew and are not hard unless you defrost them in the microwave.

PF, are they the Kirkland brand, or are they under another name? I haven't looked to see what Costco carries.

I'm not remembering right now, I have graduated my bag down to a quart size zippy to save space. I can check on Wednesday or Thursday when I go in to pick up my meds.

Back
Top Bottom