"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef

Old 04-13-2015, 10:35 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Frozen Meatballs

I have been wanting some pasta with meatballs. It has been a good number of years since I had any. So I had a coupon of some Italian Sounding Company and you had to buy two packages of meatballs, of course. (pet peeve)

So I used the coupon and with a large jar of doctored sauce, I had me some last night. Boy, was I surprised. They were delicious. I actually got up in the middle of the night and tossed two more into the zapper and ate them just plain.

I will never make meatballs again. (They are a lot of work.) And there is no need for me to make a Sunday gravy since I live alone. I tossed the meatballs into the sauce while they were frozen and let them along with the gravy simmer for a couple of hours and stirring every so often. I defy any Italian restaurant or Italian Nonni to make a better plate of pasta and meatballs.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:47 PM   #2
Master Chef

I've had some frozen meatballs that weren't fit to eat, so I'd love to know the brand Addie! They sure would be nice to have.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:43 PM   #3
Head Chef

Addie, Like Kayelle I would like to have the brand.
The frozen ones I have bought in the past ,were
not edible.

Josie
Old 04-13-2015, 05:23 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

These are fully cooked and flamed broiled. And they have four cheeses in them Quattro Formagglo Meatballs is the name of the product. Translated - Four Cheeses. There are approximately 18 meatballs per bag and each one is 1.5 oz. Dinner Size Meatballs. No MSG added. The bag is black and white instructions printed on the back.

What I liked about them beside the flavor is that they are soft and yet hold together. They are ideal size for meatball sub sandwiches. Use your own sauce (gravy).

There is a picture of a plate of spaghetti on the front with the meatballs on a white plate. In the background of the picture of the pasta are two bottles of olive oil, cheeses, rolling pin and olives.

I hope this is enough of a description. Good luck. They come out of Tewksbury, MA.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:39 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Thanks Addie, I'll keep a lookout for them, though I doubt we have them here. All I can usually find here is Mama something's, which are OK, but nothing to write home about.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:47 PM   #6
Executive Chef

I have never been satisfied with any commercial, frozen, products. The frozen meatballs we have are homemade. Some flash frozen vegis are ok as are some seafood.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:57 PM   #7
Head Chef

Addie, I must admit you & I agree on the seafood thing. I don't know if frozen meatball's is something I would like.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:14 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I've had very good frozen meatballs and some that were like sponges. I could never remember the brand of good ones so I usually make my own and freeze them. I'll keep a lookout for these, it'll make a really nice, quick and tasty dinner.

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:39 PM   #9
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
These are fully cooked and flamed broiled. And they have four cheeses in them Quattro Formagglo Meatballs is the name of the product.
I've had those, Addie! That is the only brand of frozen meatballs I'll eat. I do make my own from time to time, but like you, I question why go through the work if some delicious ones can be purchased reasonably enough.

Now I'm craving some meatballs...

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs
should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein
Maelinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:47 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Any time I have made my own in large amounts, I bake them in the oven. So much easier that using a sauté pan. But like someone else said. Only when there is a good sale on ground meat. Otherwise it will be frozen ones in this abode.

Tags
frozen