Frozen pot roast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turando

Cook
Hiya

I'm making a pot roast but the meat is still partially frozen in the middle. Is it a problem to put it in the oven like that? It will take forever to defrost normally as the weather is freezing.

Thankyou!

Since pot roast is such a long-cooking dish, I would think it would be okay. You could remove the outer "layers" of the meat after the normal amount of cooking time and leave the center to cook a little longer if it doesn't seem done (that is, falling-apart tender) all the way through. HTH.

I had the same thing last week. I just browned the pot roast, put in in my crock pot with the usual other ingredients and started it on High for an hour, then on low for about 7-8 hours. Turned out perfectly.

don`t worry about it at all, I`v done it when the whole thing`s still frozen and it`s turned out perfect, when you`re cooking a roast like that for so long, half an hour makes no real difference :)

in fact sometimes it`s an advantage using frozen meats, as you can drill holes into it and pack in herbs and spices and then plug the holes again with the meat turnings, gives a great effect and flavor throughout.

use a Cordless drill for this though, there`s no risk of electric shock that way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom