Got a couple of T-bone steak questions :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha today's the day...it's Saturday again and I'll be returning home hungry from yet another gym session to this steak :D

Hey all, I just finished eating and it turned out reallly good. First of all, I made sure to get it out well in advance. As opposed to letting it sit out for 15 minutes, I got it out 1.5 hours before cooking. After that, I seared it two minutes on each side and stuck it in the oven for about 9 minutes on 450. After it was cooked, I removed it from the pan, covered it with foil, and let sit while I prepared my veggies.

Now note: I had NO idea what I was doing, but the veggies turned out pretty good. Since the pan was still hot and there were little bits and juice leftover from the steak(I was just throwing random ingredients in hahah), I deglazed with some red wine vinegar, used some corn starch, and then maybe 1/2 tbsp of butter. Those took about 30 seconds to bubble up/mix together, and then I threw in my fresh basil, chives, onions, and mushrooms. I stir fried those until they were nice, and then dropped them on top of the steak. I let that whole veggie/steak package sit around for 5 minutes while I ate the carb part of my meal(some leftover pasta...). After that...I sat down and enjoyed...it turned out good...I have enclosed a picture too hahaha. Don't laugh at me because I suck at cooking and have just started, but yeah it's thanks to everyone's help it worked out.

Next project --> the 2 lb burger :D

Attachments

• dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 199
Little Miss; though I dearly love green veggies, there are times when a guy just has to turn animal and consume some meat, all by itself, and with nothing but a knife, or even with bare hands, especially when the full moon is shining.

I can feel the forces of Holloween creeping into my arteries already.

Owoooooooo!

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Hahaha yes my primal instinct made me eat steak with nothing but a small veggie topping and A-1 sauce. I did have green veggies in the leftover pasta I ate beforehand though, there were plenty of green beans, peas, and broccoli in it :D.

Back
Top Bottom