Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Spicy Gorgonzola-Pinenut-Herb Butter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironchef

Executive Chef
Great for Summer (or anytime) cookouts and dinners because it's really easy to do. You can make more of the butter (just double or triple the recipe) and freeze the unused portion in parchment paper.

If you want, you can finely chop the ingredients and fold it in with the butter rather than using a food processor:

Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Spicy Gorgonzola-Pinenut-Herb Butter

Yield: 8 servings

Ingredients:

4 lbs. Beef Tenderloin, cut into 8 oz. portions
Kosher Salt
Fresh Cracked Pepper

1/2 c. Unsalted Butter, softened to room temp.
1/2 c. Gorgonzola (or Bleu) Cheese
3 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme
2 Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary
2 Tbsp. Fresh Italian Parsley
1 tsp. Crushed Red Chili Flakes
2 cloves Fresh Garlic, crushed
4 Tbsp. Pinenuts

Method:

In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients from the unsalted butter, down. Pulse until everything is incorporated, then transfer to the refrigerator to let the butter harden.

Prepare grill to medium-high. Season both sides of the steaks with kosher salt and pepper, and grill to desired doneness. Remove steaks from the grill, and place 2 Tbsp. of the butter over each steak to melt. Serve immediately.

Last edited:
How did I miss this? Thank you for providing the link (from another thread) to your recipe, IC. Looks divine!

I forgot something too...

A good tip for making this or other compound butters is to roll the butter into "logs". This makes storage and using the butter easier. To serve, just let it soften a bit, then slice off medallions of butter to use. I prefer to use parchment paper for this because it's easier to shape the butter with. For this to work, the butter has to be somewhat firm but still pliable. If it's too soft it won't work. The technique is as follows:

Using a rubber spatula, scape out all the butter from the food processor onto a rectangular piece of parchment paper, rougly 18" long and maybe 10-12" wide, near one side. Spread the butter out somewhat so that it is parallel to the longer side of the paper. The more you spread it out, the thinner and longer butter log will be. Fold up the edge of the paper, and similar to rolling out sushi with a sushi mat, shape the butter into an even log, and continue to roll up until there is no excess paper. Twist both ends of the rolled up paper until the butter is held snug, then freeze or refrigerate until ready to use.

Definately, bleu cheese and filet make a combination that is in my top 10. I can't wait to make this butter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom