Hamburger dish needs something....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I make a mixture of something like what you made frequently for my DW. But I also add sliced celery. That adds a tremendous flavor. Also, depending on what I'm making with the mixture, I will add a packet of Lipton's Chicken Soup (don't laugh, it tastes great) along with two and a half cups of water, and a cup of long grain rice.

Another idea is to omit the chicken soup and rice, and add diced carrot, and diced potato. If you want, you can also add diced rutabegga to it. This makes a great filling for meat pie, pasties, or just to munch with a bit of (gasp!) ketchup on top.

You can also omit the potato and carrot, mix in the beef soup base, add water, thicken with corn starch, and serve over egg or kluski noodles.

There are a host of other ideas to go with what you have created. Slap it all between a couple slices of whole wheat bread, with some good cheese, and heat it until the cheese melts. Munch that baby down.

Hope some of these ideas help.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I'm thinking a little bit of Worchestershire sauce - I think I read all the responses carefully,and someone else may have already suggested this - not too much! But, you would get additional depth of flavor from it.

I'm thinking that without the beef broth, the worcestershire sauce may have deepened the flavor and given it more "body", or a soup mix.

Recently, rather than fixing things to serve over mashed potatoes, I diced some potatoes real small and added them to a similar burger mixture. It came out pretty good and had a nice texture. The small pieces of potato may have served the same purpose as if I added rice to pull everything together.

Who knows? That's what's fun about cooking. As long as everything is edible ;)

Back
Top Bottom