Hamburger patty on salad and bun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Had something rather different today for lunch..took 1 lb. ground round,added about a 1/4c. soy sauce to it and then made patty and then cooked it. When done I placed it on a large bun that i'd buttered and toasted, then topped with a mix of shredded red and green cabbage. I mixed the cabbage with lime juice and toasted sesame oil and tossed them well and then added the top of the bun..I who am NOT a burger lover, really enjoyed this and so did the rest of the gang. Live and learn, I'd have never thought to mix these together, til a friend suggested it this morning...I've also decided to try it again but to use a thick slice of french bread buttered and toasted and then serve it open face..
kadesma:)

Last edited:
We do something with almost same ingredients - only we stir-fry everything and put it in pita bread, usually with a creamy dressing. I like the sound of the lime juice and sesame oil...

SharonT said:
We do something with almost same ingredients - only we stir-fry everything and put it in pita bread, usually with a creamy dressing. I like the sound of the lime juice and sesame oil...
Now that's a great sounding idea. Will have to give it a try. Any special type creamy dressing?

TATTRAT said:
Both sound GREAT! I can't believe that someone DOES NOT like Burgers!!!!!

-I have killed for less-
:)
The taste of a burger is great, just don't like the texture of ground meat. I'll eat them but not often:LOL:

kadesma

Barbara L said:
Both of these ideas sound good!

:) Barbara
Thanks Barb, Sharons sound really good. I like to do this, because I can make the slaw even the day before, do the patties in a cast iron skillet and it makes a great lunch and with some soup a quick and easy supper.

Sounds great kadesma.

Tattrat, here we are not fans of most burgers. The ones we typically get in restaurants are overdone, tough and tasteless. Particularly with this panic over E. coli O157:H7 you just cannot get a properly cooked burger in most places.

We make our own by grinding our own meat (we have several grinders, but you can use the food processor with fine results), cook them rare to medium rare (which we are told is safe just as long as you cook the burgers soon after you grind the meat) and then put them on whatever bread/toast/bun seems interesting along with great toppings, like kadesma did.

That is heaven.

Oh sorry, will confess that we both love sliders. Those violate all the rules of good hamburger making but every once in a while are they good. Have tried to dupe the recipe at home but nothing comes close.

Anyway just my take on the matter, take care.

kadesma said:
Any special type creamy dressing?
Ranch-style dressing.

kadesma said:
The taste of a burger is great, just don't like the texture of ground meat. kadesma
That's what I get from my daughter sometimes when I can't understand why she doesn't love something - It's a texture thing.... (not hamburgers, tho!) :LOL:

auntdot said:
Sounds great kadesma.

Tattrat, here we are not fans of most burgers. The ones we typically get in restaurants are overdone, tough and tasteless. Particularly with this panic over E. coli O157:H7 you just cannot get a properly cooked burger in most places.

We make our own by grinding our own meat (we have several grinders, but you can use the food processor with fine results), cook them rare to medium rare (which we are told is safe just as long as you cook the burgers soon after you grind the meat) and then put them on whatever bread/toast/bun seems interesting along with great toppings, like kadesma did.

That is heaven.

Oh sorry, will confess that we both love sliders. Those violate all the rules of good hamburger making but every once in a while are they good. Have tried to dupe the recipe at home but nothing comes close.

For me a hamburger is the one type of grilled beef that I want at least medium (steak and rib roast should be med rare)... I don't like the texture of undercooked ground beef. When done right there is nothing dry about them, especially if you dress them up on the bun as well as I usually do. :LOL:

auntdot said:
Sounds great kadesma.

That is heaven.

Thanks auntdot:) ,
I like meat I've ground myself much more so than any fast food burger..I grind mine to a lager grind and it's not so crumbly feeling in the mouth. Too, I think cooking it yourself gets rid of a lot of that dry, grainy feeling I don't like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom