Hamburgers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, I’ve done that a few times. The different things I’ve mixed into the beef have been ground pork, fresh pork sausage, and packaged breakfast sausage (not all at once, but each ingredient used at different times as I experimented). All of them have been good, but the sausage is particularly interesting because of the flavor inherent to the sausage (ground pork is just plain meat). I’ve done it with both hamburgers and my meatloaf, and it’s really good.

It’s not something I’d do every time, but it is a nice change of pace. If you haven’t tried it before, go for it! You should try it at least once!

I posted a hamburger recipe here that has sausage in it that is really good if you would like to try it...we loved it:)

You know when I want burger---I want a burger.. What's in it---BEEF!
What's on it.. salt, pepper on the grill. Trim out the bun with rest....

No sausage, no soup mix, nothing mix into the meat, no BBQ sauce.... just a Great Burger... turn the grill up HOT sear the outside so it's crunchy and nice and juicy inside........Yummm....

Just my opinion....

Please no peanuts!
My Dad, for reasons unknown, decided to make a peanut hamburger, back when I was a kid. He might have added peanut butter to the meat, but he for sure mixed in lightly chopped roasted peanuts.

He also burned the burgers, in true 1960s grilling fashion!

Nasty disgusting things. And my parents had a "try it once before you say yuck" policy, so I had to choke one down.

Sausage? That could be good! I saw some Bratwurst patties in the store the other day, too!

No grill---well that's different...

I like Pizza burgers!!!!

Make your burgers 1/2 as thick as normal. Dish them out just a little and fill with Pizza Sauce and Mozzarella cheese. Cover with another burger and seal the edges. A little sausage in the beef would taste great.

Stick them in a George Foreman if you have one.. don't make the patties on each side too thick. you want the heat to get to the cheese!!

IA JeffG, I just thought I'd change it up since I'm not able to grill out.

I don't know if this counts, but I've ground up hot dogs to put in hamburgers before. I probably use about one per patty.

Please no peanuts!
My Dad, for reasons unknown, decided to make a peanut hamburger, back when I was a kid. He might have added peanut butter to the meat, but he for sure mixed in lightly chopped roasted peanuts.

He also burned the burgers, in true 1960s grilling fashion!

Nasty disgusting things. And my parents had a "try it once before you say yuck" policy, so I had to choke one down.

Sausage? That could be good! I saw some Bratwurst patties in the store the other day, too!

I love bratwurst patties- grilled, very good but hard to find.

My former brother-in-law had a meat market that sold sausage burgers, which was his hot or mild Italian sausage mix, run through the patty machine instead of being stuffed into a piece of pig's intestines. They were quite popular in the summer time, but then the town was about 75% Italians.

I make mine with hot italian sausage from time to time approx a 50/50 mix with ground chuck. Usually top them with sauteed bell peppers, onions, garlic and mushrooms and serve them on a good quality kaiser roll. Just something different for a change.

Back
Top Bottom