"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef

Old 06-22-2009, 03:44 AM   #1
Master Chef

Hearty Beef Stew

Hearty Beef Stew

3 1/2 lb Bottom round roast
Flour
Granulated Garlic powder - to taste
Onion powder - to taste
Cayenne - taste
Salt - to taste
Ground black pepper - to taste
1 pouch dry onion soup mix
Burgundy wine
Gravy Master Seasoning
2 lbs Carrots - peeled and cut into large pieces
2 lbs Baby red potatoes - washed and cut larger if necessary so all are same size
1 medium bag Frozen baby peas **
1 medium bag small white onions **
**OR you can replace with 1 large bag frozen peas and pearl onions

Cut bottom round roast into large cubes. Dredged in flour with salt, fresh ground black pepper, onion and garlic powder and a smidge of cayenne mixed in. Brown in butter on all sides, one layer on bottom of pot at a time. Remove to plate as browned and brown remaining meat. Add about an inch of burgundy wine to hot pot, bring to heat and deglaze. Add a splash of gravy master seasoning, 1 pouch of dry onion soup mix, browned beef cubes and water to cover. Off set the cover and simmer. After the beef is just tender (about 1 1/2 hours) add baby red potatoes in their jackets (unpeeled) and carrots. Cook till beef and veggies are tender. Taste gravy and correct seasoning if necessary. Add frozen peas and onions at the last 3 minutes of cooking. The gravy should thicken up nicely just from the dredge flour that was on beef cubes.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:57 AM   #2
Sous Chef

Just wanted to say that such a nice stew is in inflammatory to the good nature of us that could not share a flavor with you...

You tease us... be nice and give a mailing address, as I'd be happy to pay the shipping cost.

Thank-you vs. Thanks!

Bob

Bob

Old 06-22-2009, 06:07 AM   #3
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperImproved View Post
Just wanted to say that such a nice stew is in inflammatory to the good nature of us that could not share a flavor with you...

You tease us... be nice and give a mailing address, as I'd be happy to pay the shipping cost.

Thank-you vs. Thanks!

Bob

Bob
hello there and a good early morning to you bob!! how was your fathers day? BTW that stew was our fathers day meal.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:17 AM   #4
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
hello there and a good early morning to you bob!! how was your fathers day? BTW that stew was our fathers day meal.

M'Lady, I shall continue to follow you around as the grail has not yet been been found (but your stew is a good start),

Bob (your Knight),

P.S. Nice stews should have recipes.... And e'en though you wrote it down, I should have need of your sweet continence, as it doth inspire me.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:19 AM   #5
Master Chef

Quote:
M'Lady, I shall continue to follow you around as the grail has not yet been been found (but your stew is a good start),

Bob (your Knight),

P.S. Nice stews should have recipes....
LOL thank you. thats why i posted it just for you!!
i have been awake since yesterday morning so i think i will try to catch a few hours. till we meet again sir bob keep your sword sheathed!! LOL
Old 06-22-2009, 06:26 AM   #6
Sous Chef

And e'en though I lack the skill to ascribe to you skills, I would sully forth as needed to ensure your name is harolded and respected through out the land for your sweet recipes.

Bob

P.S. Did I say thank-you? Well, I did not not know I feel that way :-) But I do now.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:30 AM   #7
Master Chef

Quote:
And e'en though I lack the skill to ascribe to you skills, I would sully forth as needed to ensure your name is harolded and respected through out the land for your sweet recipes.

Bob

P.S. Did I say thank-you? Well, I did not not know I feel that way :-) But I do now.
flattery will get you nowhere .................. but it doesn't hurt!! just kidding thank you.

i try but alas still i am just a home cook.

herald all you want but have the trumpeters put mufflers on their horns as i be needing some sleep.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:36 AM   #8
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
flattery will get you nowhere .................. but it doesn't hurt!! just kidding thank you.

i try but alas still i am just a home cook.

herald all you want but have the trumpeters put mufflers on their horns as i be needing some sleep.

Sweet dreams my better thoughts to a reason to live. I shall keep a place for you to come to, and thus, show you I care.

I'd also make you recipe had I all the ingredients.

Bob
Old 06-22-2009, 07:34 AM   #9
Executive Chef

that stew looks wonderful!!!! thanks for the visuals!
Old 06-22-2009, 12:35 PM   #10
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
that stew looks wonderful!!!! thanks for the visuals!
thank you sweetie!!

Tags
None