"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef

Old 01-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #11
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseye View Post
Do you really mean those temps in Celcius? If so, no wonder it was overdone! My SO did a Celsius/Fahrenheit confusion (pressed the wrong button on the instant read thermometor), and cooked the flinders out of a batch of whole chicken legs.
I doubt it's Celsius. 350deg C would be 662deg F, and I doubt home ovens will do that.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I doubt it's Celsius. 350deg C would be 662deg F, and I doubt home ovens will do that.
Kinda what I thought, but the thermometer could be on the wrong scale. You never know.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:54 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

Thanks for your help everyone!

Sorry i meant Fahrenheit not Celsius.

The thermometer is used is a digital thermometer, one with the probe in the meat and a reader that sit's outside the oven, not sure on it's accuracy.

"Zyliss Meat Thermometer & Multi-Timer"

msmofet : That looks absolutely delicious!

I'll pick up my meat on thursday to make friday, i'll let you guys and gals know what cut and weight and hopefully you can help me and i'll be enjoying a roast on friday.

A Lot of very knowledgeable people here. I've been reading the forums for quite some time and your suggestions inspire me and sound amazing. Now if only i could actually cook i would be set.

thanks again for all your help.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:22 PM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0rerror View Post
Thanks for your help everyone!

Sorry i meant Fahrenheit not Celsius.

The thermometer is used is a digital thermometer, one with the probe in the meat and a reader that sit's outside the oven, not sure on it's accuracy.

"Zyliss Meat Thermometer & Multi-Timer"

msmofet : That looks absolutely delicious!

I'll pick up my meat on thursday to make friday, i'll let you guys and gals know what cut and weight and hopefully you can help me and i'll be enjoying a roast on friday.

A Lot of very knowledgeable people here. I've been reading the forums for quite some time and your suggestions inspire me and sound amazing. Now if only i could actually cook i would be set.

thanks again for all your help.
thank you and good luck!! i am sure you will do just fine. and remember we all make mistakes and thats how we learn.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:56 PM   #15
Head Chef

You make me want to try that again! Looked absolutely delightful!

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #16
Senior Cook

Darn I forget the name of the farm. If you are on route 22 in Whitehouse and head south on 523 towards Flemington it is on the right. Cant miss it as the fields use cut off telephone pole piece for sturdy fence posts. Thinking it is the Readington area of Hunterdon county. Dollars to donuts they have a website
Old 01-14-2010, 03:17 PM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoffour View Post
Darn I forget the name of the farm. If you are on route 22 in Whitehouse and head south on 523 towards Flemington it is on the right. Cant miss it as the fields use cut off telephone pole piece for sturdy fence posts. Thinking it is the Readington area of Hunterdon county. Dollars to donuts they have a website
22 west? 523 going .............? LOL would i google bison ranch? man when i was a kid mom would go to flemington junction and at that time there was not much there but purina, a glass blower, flemington furs and a couple other little places by the railroad tracks still alot of dirt back then. BUT there was this great little hole in the wall mexican place called tico taco. outrageously good food!! the tables and benches were wood and hung on chains from the ceiling which was really fun to swing back and forth and try to catch your food. till the grown ups yelled LOL
Old 01-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #18
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
22 west? 523 going .............? LOL would i google bison ranch? man when i was a kid mom would go to flemington junction and at that time there was not much there but purina, a glass blower, flemington furs and a couple other little places by the railroad tracks still alot of dirt back then. BUT there was this great little hole in the wall mexican place called tico taco. outrageously good food!! the tables and benches were wood and hung on chains from the ceiling which was really fun to swing back and forth and try to catch your food. till the grown ups yelled LOL
I'm familiar with Flemington tho I haven't been there in years. My mom and I used to go to the Stanglware place, I know it is gone now.

Link for bison ranch.
http://www.njbison.com/index.html
Old 01-15-2010, 05:57 PM   #19
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
I'm familiar with Flemington tho I haven't been there in years. My mom and I used to go to the Stanglware place, I know it is gone now.

Link for bison ranch.
Readington River Buffalo Company - Buy Buffalo Products Online
thank you!! do you remember tico taco? we're talking 70's and i don't know if you area that old.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #20
Assistant Cook

I finally got a roast,

1.758 Kg Cross Rib Roast,

Damn did i get the wrong cut of meat? I read breifly on internet after purchase that it is a tougher cut of meat?

How would you suggest cooking it?

thanks in advance everyone!!

Damn think i found my answer(s):

----://www.discusscooking.com forums f48 how-do-you-cook-a-cross-rib-roast-18912.html

thanks guys!

Tags
None