Help with seasoning hamburgers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

songofpraise

Assistant Cook
In July I posted a thread regarding cooking hamburgers in a concession stand and one of you wonderful chefs sent me a recipe for seasoning which had garlic salt, onion salt and pepper. I have lost the seasoning recipe and used my jars that I prepared. I would love to have the portions back because in my 'old age' I can't remember what they were. I thought I had written it down, but :LOL: so much for thinking!:ermm:
Incidentally, I have been very successful in this endeavor and it is in great part to the seasoning that I use! Thank you, whoever you are:chef:!

Last edited:
When I make burgers I only use a sprinkle of salt, pepper and garlic powder on each burger before grilling or pan frying. We love our burgers!

In July I posted a thread regarding cooking hamburgers in a concession stand and one of you wonderful chefs sent me a recipe for seasoning which had garlic salt, onion salt and pepper. I have lost the seasoning recipe and used my jars that I prepared. I would love to have the portions back because in my 'old age' I can't remember what they were. I thought I had written it down, but :LOL: so much for thinking!:ermm:
Incidentally, I have been very successful in this endeavor and it is in great part to the seasoning that I use! Thank you, whoever you are:chef:!

Try some mayonnaise in you're burger.

Try garlic and onion powder, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce and a sprinkle of chipotle powder. Fill the patties with your favorite cheese and grill or pan sear topped with caramelized onions and peppers. This is one of the tastiest burgers I've made. Good luck.

Chef’s salt

6# kosher salt
2# sugar
2 oz. Cayenne pepper
1# fresh cracked Black Pepper
2 oz celery salt
2 oz granulated Garlic
2 oz Colman’s dry mustard
1# MSG –Accent--- Aji No Moto, Optional
Mix very well and keep in a air tight jar
Hello this is a recipe I have used for the last forty or so years.. It is good for all meat and I use it in my vinaigrette salad dressing it is a great all around seasoning

We got some leftover uncooked patties from a recent picnic.
I grilled them tonight using onion and garlic powder and seasoning
salt, with splashes of Worcestershire sauce.

They were much better than plain!

For something completely different, split the hamburger in half. Lay in some pizza sauce(any good spaghetti sauce) and some Mozzarella cheese. Stick the burger back together sealing the edges over.... Yummy pizza burgers...

You can add a little fennel and sage to the meat too, gives it a sausage taste...

I love the idea of chipotle powder in the mix. Yummy!

I generally use some Montreal Steak Seasoning. Sometimes, if I know I'm going to be making a lot of burgers, I'll add some dry French Onion Soup mix to the ground beef, and mix that in.

People, people, people! Songofpraise is running a concession stand, not making dinner for the Queen of England! The road to success in a concession stand is speed, not creativity.

IMO the best seasoning on a burger is Texas Rib Ranbers Gourmet Steak Seasoning!
It has such great flavor and it doesn't over power the beef flavor of the burger, it enhances it! That'll be 2 cents please.LOL

Another tip... mix the seasonings in ahead of time and let the
meat "marinate". I think it improves the flavors a lot!

Not sure if I should have started another thread, but anyone ever add sausage to their ground beef?

Actually, I’ve done that a few times. The different things I’ve mixed into the beef have been ground pork, fresh pork sausage, and packaged breakfast sausage (not all at once, but each ingredient used at different times as I experimented). All of them have been good, but the sausage is particularly interesting because of the flavor inherent to the sausage (ground pork is just plain meat). I’ve done it with both hamburgers and my meatloaf, and it’s really good.

It’s not something I’d do every time, but it is a nice change of pace. If you haven’t tried it before, go for it! You should try it at least once!

(as for the original poster in this thread, he was running a concession stand using pre-made frozen hamburger patties....nut much you can do about those except season them)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom