How do you cook your steak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It makes your meat turn BRIGHT red. I discovered this one time when I was salting some London Broil I had 'cut' into 'steaks.' I forgot about them and 45 minutes later I was surprised at the color. After throwing the thin slices on the Q for 1 minute I pulled them out and they were absolutely delicious.

I use this method most of the time when cooking any meat. As I mentioned earlier.. salt on before I let get to room temp.

Having steak again tonight. I'm excited :)

I let my steak (usually a mediocre cut of ribeye, unless there's a good sale) sit on the counter in the container within which I purchased it before I start to get the grill ready. I use a small hibachi with charcoal briquettes. Once the coals are good and hot, I put the steak/s on, with a small amount of salt. I periodically splash my beer on them as they cook, Chimay Blanche for preference. They come out delicious.

Am full of doubt here and I do have to be careful as both DH and I are taking high blood pressure medicine. ---you can NOT find good cuts of steak here (horsemeat, yes, not beef) so I will give this a try. I'll just have a fallback plan -eating out :)...if they're too salty...now I for one didn't sit thru chemistry class because Mrs. Schwartz would bounce an eraser off your head and this was before the days that a teacher would be terminated for looking cross-eyed at a student so the osmosis process does make sense...........thanks for the article

Sometimes I like to let them soak in some soy, garlic and green onion before I cook em. I dont really buy filets or expensive steaks haha, just whatevers cheapest.

I usually buy 2" thick NY strip b/c I buy most of my meat at Costco (well, until recently when we found a local farmer to buy from) and the price is good. I pull the steaks out about half an hour before cooking, after they're brought up to room temperature I use a little dry rub and then sear each side for five minutes in a cast iron grill pan (I'm a sucker for grill marks :-p). I then transfer them to the oven for about 10 minutes. They come out juicy, tender, and medium-medium rare every time! Even steaks that have been previously frozen.

We don't do marinades or rubs on our steaks either. Just evoo, salt and pepper, sometimes some garlic powder but not always. And we always grill them on our charcoal grill outside. I've never tried to cook one on the stovetop, it just doesn't seem as appealing to me.

I don't like a lot on mine, just some salt and pepper maybe some garlic. I prefer them on the grill in summer and pan seared oven finished in winter.
Lesser cuts I will season with a dry rub, though.

I fire up the grill, season with montreal steak seasoning, toss on a HOT grill. Pull off when between rare and medium rare... Awesome..

If I can't grill.... pop them in the broiler!

Should I be inside this is how I do it.

1-Rub Olive Oil on both sides of the steak.

2-Put the steak in a pan of very hot olive oil as well to sear both sides.

3-Put Rosmary, salt, and pepper on top of the steak. Rosmary in the oil as well.

4-After each side is seared, put in your oven set at 475 for 6 min.

Should I be outside this is how I do it.

1-Lite smoke box. Hickory is my favorite.

2-Keep the flame on very low

3-After about one beer, your steak is cooked.

Grilled steak, beer, snow, and football all go great together.
Don't get me started on burgers. That is a science all to it's on lol:pig:

One more note. Some people like to marinade. I do not. I feel that if you get a good grade of beef, you shouldn't have to marinade. I only eat choice or prime. I do however like some A-1 on my steak after it's cooked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom