How do you make the BEST burgers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yo iron chef, we have to hang out sometime. i have a friend who lives in Kona. id be down for a four course meal (assuming i get the DC discount). if theres not a discount id still be down to try somethin, id be in uber paradise.

Last edited:
What makes the best Burger?

To me? The best beef possible. Many chefs have great steaks to pull from, for an average joe, I say Black Angus , good stuff.

I bring em up to room temp, give em a nice rub of salt, pepper, fresh minced garlic, dried diced onions and paprika, worcheshire is a must as well.

Grill to medium well. Add bacon and an onion ring, squirt with honey B, cover with cheddar.
Add lettuce and a nice local grown tomato slice, pickle on side.

Yeah its bad for you. So what.

Caine

I think youre getting my point confused. I am not debating Sirloin burgers kill any other. Im saying for the average (or sub average) joe whos wallet is small, the best ground beef possible I get is Black Angus. Not arguing with you or IC. Not trying to be defensive ;)

If anyone has the choice that commercial makes it obvious. If you dont have much to work with, I still wouldnt settle for less than angus, thats what I mean, its not the best beef possible by any means. Just the best beef I can possibly get usually :/

I make my burgers with 80/20 ground chuck. We pat out 1/3 lb. patties that are about 6 inches in diameter, with an indentation in the center, if Kim's cooking them on the grill. No seasonings are added until we get ready to cook them, at which time they get ONLY salt and pepper on each side. It really is all in the beef. We get mostly Black Angus around here.

I eat my burgers with a good cheese melted on top, mustard, sweet pickle relish, and a slice of home-grown tomato, when I have them.

Ground sirloin is nice, too, but I'd prefer to use that for chopped steaks. We add garlic powder to the salt and pepper, treating it like a real steak.

By the way, I cook a heckuva good cheeseburger in my electric skillet. The secret is in not turning them over and over. Dont' turn the patties until the first side is brown. Once they are turned, lower the heat from 375 to about 325, and cover with the lid ajar.
When you take them out, set the burgers on a piece of paper towel to drain, put on a slice of cheese, and cover with the lid for just a few minutes.

Attachments

• cheeseburger portrait.JPG
    cheeseburger portrait.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom