How far in advance can I buy a Corned Beef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I want to make corned beef on Friday. What is the earliest I should pick one up from the supermarket?

Thanks Andy. That is what I was guessing, but I didn't want to take a chance. I will pick mine up tonight or tomorrow then :)

Those things last a long time, GB. I wouldn't bother to freeze it.

They do freeze well, though. If you found one on sale and didn't want to cook it until after the "use by" date, then freezing would be the answer.

I love corned beef and cabbage, which is a little strange, because my mother never fixed anything like that. I never tasted cooked cabbage until I was 19 years old. My husband will eat the corned beef, but not the cabbage, so I cook the corned beef in the crockpot, remove and let stand, then put the cabbage in the juice to cook it.

Corned beef on rye with mustard, sauerkraut and swiss cheese sure makes a great sandwich.

What are you gonna do with yours, GB?

This is actually a pretty old thread Constance. Since I have posted this I have bought 5 or 6 corned beefs. A few are in the freezer and a few I have made exactly the way you described. I love corned beef!

I'm not that crazy about the Corned beef so I cook it in the crock pot and cook the veg. and cabbage in chicken broth
Marge~Dove

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom