I accidentally bought beef country ribs instead of pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilybean

Assistant Cook
and I don't have the slightest idea of what to do with them. I am a beginner cook. Can they be used like pork ribs, with the same sides and sauces? I was going to pair them with a spaghetti and cheese casserole (without tomato sauce). I'd rather try some ideas than leave them sitting in the back of my freezer LoL.

I would go with BBQ sauce as well, but any tomato based sauce would be good.

I found myself in a similar predicament a couple months ago (thought I had pork country ribs and had beef). I had just gotten some Asian sauces, so I sliced the ribs very thinly and did kind of a stir-fry thing with them.

:)Barbara

Love beef ribs, I put a dry rub an them and wrap them in foil and roast them when done I open the foil and put them under the brolier untill top is browned.

Josie

The only thing you want to consider is that they are going to be tougher than the pork. The crackpot is a good method, or braising them in the oven. I would do a dry rub, brown them, then put them in a roasting pan, fill pan halfway up the meat with water, cover, and bake on 300 for about 3 hours. Then serve with BBQ. Might want to bake for another 10 min after adding BBQ sauce

Josie1945 said:
Love beef ribs, I put a dry rub an them and wrap them in foil and roast them when done I open the foil and put them under the brolier untill top is browned.

Josie

These are country style ribs, which are cut from the blade end of the loin, near the shoulder. They are very tasty, but they are not the ribs you are thinking of. I don't know how well your method would work with these, although it is almost exactly how I do my ribs :) Maybe it would work well, but I've always ha good luck with braising country style ribs

Hoot said:
I just HAVE to get me one of these!!!! :LOL:
J/K.. I seem to remember this coming from an i phone app.

****** iPhone! I have to remember to put a space between crock and pot or I end up with crackpot lol

The only thing you want to consider is that they are going to be tougher than the pork. The crackpot is a good method, or braising them in the oven. I would do a dry rub, brown them, then put them in a roasting pan, fill pan halfway up the meat with water, cover, and bake on 300 for about 3 hours. Then serve with BBQ. Might want to bake for another 10 min after adding BBQ sauce

I hope you don't get busted with that crackpot, It probably carries some pretty heavy time.

These are country style ribs, which are cut from the blade end of the loin, near the shoulder. They are very tasty, but they are not the ribs you are thinking of. I don't know how well your method would work with these, although it is almost exactly how I do my ribs :) Maybe it would work well, but I've always ha good luck with braising country style ribs

Skittle you are right I was thinking of the beef ribs that are on the back of Prime Rib. I would not cook country style ribs that way. I cook them several different ways.Not fond of BBQ sauce cooked on meat unless I can put it in a sandwich. Thought I had every cooking gadget out there but got to check out that crackpot.:angel:

Josie

Back
Top Bottom