ISO Beef Chuck Pot Roast Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
I have a beef chuck pot roast, close to five pounds I bought for about $12.00. Tired of the same old pot roast/onions/potatoes/carrots. Any suggestions/TNT recipes out there? No crockpot or cream soups - TIA.

well, you could make a nice pulled beef BBQ...

Cube it up and make Chili or Beef Vegetable soup.....

I don't have a TNT recipe Miss Amy, but when I see chuck (beef) I think braise.

So right now, when I close my eyes, I see bite sized, browned, and braised cubes of meat. Simmered in water, beef broth, Worchestershire, a little red wine, a dab or two of tomato paste. Gotta be garlic there...maybe a little onion, (green?) Salt & pepper. Lots & Lots of mushrooms!!! Simmered down realy nice, and thickened with a flour slurry or a little roux. Served over buttered noodles....Oh my! Now I'm hungry:LOL:

Boeuf Bourguignon
Chili
Beef mushroom barley soup

I made pot roast this weekend and marinated the beef for a day in a bottle of red wine, plus lots of garlic, bay leaves and soy sauce.

Then I cooked it in the wine and some beef stock.

It was very, very good.

I made pot roast this weekend and marinated the beef for a day in a bottle of red wine, plus lots of garlic, bay leaves and soy sauce.

Then I cooked it in the wine and some beef stock.

It was very, very good.
Sounds delicious, had I known, I'd have been knocking on your door:LOL:
kadesma

I usually have leftovers for the freezer, but not this time. The wine gave it a very delicious but subtle flavor.

It was some weird $4 from TJ's.

I made pot roast this weekend and marinated the beef for a day in a bottle of red wine, ......

How did you get the beef into the bottle? Did you have to call in the people that put those toy ships in bottles? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
sorry..... ;)

These sound pretty good. I love chuck roast, but also only know how to cook it with the usual potatos, carrots, crock pot..... I hope to be getting my front quarter soon, which is where the chuck is!

How did you get the beef into the bottle? Did you have to call in the people that put those toy ships in bottles? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
sorry..... ;)...

:LOL:

All great suggestions! This hunk of meat is so large, I may be able to try a few recipes. So far, leaning toward the bourg. Keep 'em coming. Thanks guys.:)

I don't have a TNT recipe Miss Amy, but when I see chuck (beef) I think braise.

So right now, when I close my eyes, I see bite sized, browned, and braised cubes of meat. Simmered in water, beef broth, Worchestershire, a little red wine, a dab or two of tomato paste. Gotta be garlic there...maybe a little onion, (green?) Salt & pepper. Lots & Lots of mushrooms!!! Simmered down realy nice, and thickened with a flour slurry or a little roux. Served over buttered noodles....Oh my! Now I'm hungry:LOL:

You're making me hungry too :LOL:. Thank you Uncle Bob.

I usually have leftovers for the freezer, but not this time. The wine gave it a very delicious but subtle flavor.

It was some weird $4 from TJ's.

Jennyema - or any of the great cooks here - can you recommend a good red cooking wine? (Don't know if I feel like schlepping to TJ's - maybe?).

Oh yeah, I may have to cut this baby in half.

Back
Top Bottom