ISO - Beef Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hamburger Enchilada Pasta Casserole

1 lbground beef
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 can red enchilada sauce
6 oz cream cheese
1/2 c sour cream
2 c shredded cheese (sharp cheddar, Monterey jack mixed)
1 can Mexicorn or corn
1 can diced mild chilis
12 oz wide egg noodles

While cooking noodles to al dente, brown the meat in a large Dutch oven. Stir all ingredients, reserving 1/2 c. Cheese. Heat through. Drain noodles and stir into meat mixture. Top with reserved cheese. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. If it seems a bit dry you can always stir in a bit more cream cheese, sour cream or enchilada sauce.

Mock Chop Suey Hotdish

1 lb ground beef
3 ribs celery, diced
1 onion, diced
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 c milk or water
1/4 c soy sauce (or more to taste)
1 bag Chinese noodles (about 12 oz)

Brown meat with celery and onion in large frying pan or Dutch oven. Mix in soup, milk/water, soy sauce. Stir in Chinese noodles and serve while slightly crunchy. I add mushrooms if I have them on hand. This stretches easily by adding extra of the ingredients.

Hamburger Vegetable soup.

Onions
celery
Carrots
Garlic
Cooked ground beef
Can of diced tomatoes
Beef stock or water and powdered beef base
Thyme, or other seasoning

Add all ingredients together and simmer for 45 minutes. Adjust seasoning to your liking...

Stuffed burger balls

1 1/2 lb ground beef
1/4 c evaporated milk
1 box stuffing mix, prepared
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can full milk (I use leftover evap milk)
1 T worchetershire
1 can mushrooms
2 T ketchup

Mix 1/4 c evap milk with burger. Divide into 6 patties. Pat out patties on waxed paper to 6" rounds. Place about 1/4 c prepared stuffing on each patty. Gather meat around stuffing to make a ball. Completely cover all stuffing. Place balls in 9x13 pan. Mix soup,milk, worchetershire, ketchup and mushrooms together and pour over burger balls. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 45 min. Serves 6. I serve the soup sauce over the balls.

Hambuger stroganoff
Sloppy whatevers
Meatball pizza
Salisbury "steaks"
With rice to stuff bell peppers or make cabbage rolls

Italian wedding soup, which is very much the same as Russian meatball soup. Pan fried hamburgers, meat pies, meat stuffed turnovers, cabbage rolls. I think list is endless.

Oh yum! Haven't made them in a while. Do you make them in traditional pockets or in a 9x13 with the crust on top?

I make them traditionally, with the side seam, and divided with desert in 1/3 and main filling in 2/3rds, with a divider between made from a thin wall of pastie dough. Dinner and desert in one delicious pastie.

My though for a ground beef idea, curried beef in fried won ton wrapper.

Brown ground beef with curry powder. Add a little milk, and cornstarch to make a thick curried beef gravy. Put a bit of the mixture into a wonton wrapper and fold all sides inward. Fry until golden brown. Sprinkle on a bit of cumin and red pepper. Serve hot with tzaziki sauce.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Oh yum! Haven't made them in a while. Do you make them in traditional pockets or in a 9x13 with the crust on top?

I make them with left over roast beef cut in 1/4" cubes. In Pouches.
39817-albums888-picture5066.jpg

Italian wedding soup, which is very much the same as Russian meatball soup. Pan fried hamburgers, meat pies, meat stuffed turnovers, cabbage rolls. I think list is endless.

I love the Wedding Soup, but with escarole not spinach as the updated recipes have. At my daughter's wedding, she had prime rib for the main course. But there was a large tureen of the Wedding Soup on every table. Our table sent the tureen back for a refill twice. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom