ISO boeuf bourguignon recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimmo

Assistant Cook
I am looking for the ultimate Boeuf Bourguignon recipe to cook for some clients next week. I have good recipes, but always like to compare, and maybe mix and match good ideas from various recipes. Would love to hear from you! thanks.:chef:

I use the Julia Child recipe from her book Cooking at Home with Jacques Pepin. I''ll have to comare that with the earlier version.

Another one here for Julia Child's recipe. I add about three or four allspice berries and a couple of bay leaves. I usually just go with coarsely chopped cooking onions instead of the little pearls.

Ok, so I used Julia Child's recipe. Left it in the fridge overnight. When I reheated the strained sauce, I added some sugar and brandy, and it just finished it how I wanted it to taste! Very happy clients I had.

Glad it worked out. :) Late to the Bourguignon party. Have not tried J.C's recipe (wouldn't know a lardon if I tripped over it, & never keep homemade beef broth on hand --if I remember the original correctly). I make it in the slow cooker using bacon, etc, & I think the wine/booze burgandy or cognac, along w/ using the best ingredients is a key factor. I've used pinot noir. Worth playing around with, & coming up w/ your own version. Epicurious (?) has a good-sounding recipe using shiitakes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom