ISO boneless chuck roast recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debbie24

Senior Cook
Hi i have a 2 1/2lbs boneless chuck roast thawing right now and i have no idea what to do with it. Anyone have a simple way to cook this? :huh:

I would put it in a 300-325 oven for as long as possible (falling apart).

First I would get a fry pan screaming hot, salt and pepper the roast and put a nice crust on each side. (but this is not a requirement)

You can bake it with potatos, onions, carrots, celery, tomatos etc and enjoy that for dinner. Some people sprinkle it with dry onion soup mix. Cover it in the oven.

I usually divide the cooked roast into 3 meals. One is the night it is cooked with the veggies, then I make hot roast beef sandwiches with gravy and then I use the last 3rd for bbq.

I freeze the last 2 dinners so we don't get bored. There are only 2 of us so a 2.5# roast is big.

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the suggestion. Do you think i should put the veggies in at the beginning or maybe after about an hour or so assuming i would cook this for about 2 hours. Its about 2'' thick.

Cut the roast into 1" chunks. Make a mixture of flour, salt and pepper and dredge the chunks. In a heavy pan, add a bit of oil or fat and brown the chunks. Don't crowd them. Take out and add more in batches if necessary.
Take meat out. Add a sliced onion to the grease and saute it lightly, scraping up the browned bits as much as possible.
Sprinkle the onion with a bit of granulated bouillion if you have it and a couple of more tbs of the seasoned flour. Add 2C of water or beef broth and whisk until the flour is incorporated and smoothed out. Add a dash of worcestershire sauce.
Add the meat, 3 ribs of celery in 1" pieces, several carrots, chunked, several new potatoes, cut in quarters.
Add a bit more water if it doesn't look quite enough.
Cover tightly and put in a 300* oven for 2 hours.
You can do it in one piece if you want but I think chuck is harder to slice in this preparation. The cut up stew works nicely.

debbie24 said:
Hi thanks for the suggestion. Do you think i should put the veggies in at the beginning or maybe after about an hour or so assuming i would cook this for about 2 hours. Its about 2'' thick.
Ya, I would wait until the last hour- but I would cook it about 3 hr. on 325- Good Luck !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom