ISO Cooked ground beef ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milkdemcows

Assistant Cook
Got about a pound of already cooked ground beef, the other pound was used in a tomato sauce and pasta casserole. Ideas? I'd also like to make something with sweet potatoes as a side, so something that might go with that.

Coney sauce!! A midwest favorite..

or...Loose meat sandwiches. Just saute some onions.. a few spices and slap some on a bun..

Saute some chopped vidalia onions in some butter until translucent, add the cooked hamburger, stir in some flour, salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes to cook out the raw flour taste, slowly add some milk to make a gravy. Serve over toast or biscuits. Great for anytime of the day!

Hamburg

How about some hamburg soup. We love it and you can do anything with it. Easy,simple,quick, who could ask for anything more ?

Make a pot pie!!! Seriously, get some peas and an onion. Make a rhue (saute onions in butter and add flour and milk with some salt and pepper) then add the peas and your hamburger to a pie crust.

Did that once when my parents called home and said "ummm, we're hungry make something" It was my senior year and I didn't have a car and all we had in the house was some flour, a can of peas, half an onion, half gallon of milk, ONE chicken breast and a pie crust.... i think there was probably a can of spinach too, but that would have been weird. anyway they went nuts over it and have asked for it again...... happiness abounds

Back
Top Bottom