ISO Dry roast a rump roast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dry roast a rump roast? I'd say definitely braise but I'm not sure why!

I've dry roasted a pork butt right on the oven rack with a pan of apple juice under it - it did fine - more than fine - it was like eating butter!

I never buy Rumps, to me they are too lean and lack flavor. But if I did make one I would braise it for sure. Thats just me though.

Dry roast a rump roast: To achieve a roast that is moist and tender using a dry roast method you will need a small roast averaging 2-3 lbs. The cooking time must be minimal. The roasting pan should only be big enough to place the roast in and the roast should take up all the room in the pan. If you have any sides that are bare crunch in some alum foil. Roast in a 325F oven for no more than 60 min. and turn the roast over half way through cooking.

There will be no drippings for gravy or sauces. You can make a good brown sauce onion gravy with bits of carrot. Mashed potatoes or large wedged potato fries and baked sweet potato/yams are great. Sesame or almond green beans is another favorite. Sauteed red bells are really good....cut them in large chunky pieces.

kitchenelf said:
Dry roast a rump roast? I'd say definitely braise but I'm not sure why!

I've dry roasted a pork butt right on the oven rack with a pan of apple juice under it - it did fine - more than fine - it was like eating butter!

hey kitchen could you tell me how you did that? im trying to decide what to make for today and that sounds delicious. what do you mean by putting a pan of apple juice under it and for how long did u leave it in the oven? thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom