ISO help making beef wellington

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicklord1

Senior Cook
There is numerous recipes for this dish and i was wondering what the experts of this forum would do to make this dish the tastiest that it can be .

Thank you

I'm not one of the 'experts' around here, but most I think would say they use their favorite recipe to make it the tastiest it can be... that probably sounds flip, but really don't mean it to be. Maybe I don't understand the question...

I think a lot of us have posted recipes for Beef Wellington, so maybe you ought to try a few and see which is your favorite.

cjs said:
I'm not one of the 'experts' around here, but most I think would say they use their favorite recipe to make it the tastiest it can be... ....
Well, if you're not one of the 'experts' around here, then there probably aren't ANY! :rolleyes:

FWIW... this lady is a Certified Culinarian! :chef:

I'm pretty sure the 'Classic' recipe has foie gras.

I've had it...never made it. Maybe someone who has made this can give Nick a couple tips so he doesn't ruin an expensive cut of meat?:ohmy:

I have made it once and found that the beef was too rare for my liking. Not sure how to solve that problem. Any ideas? Anyone?

This is a very easy, although perhaps not that authentic, version of beef wellington in a step-by-step video. It also tells you to about cooking times for rare, medium-rare and medium.
Beef Wellington by VideoJug

Personally I would have used the more traditional liver pate rather than the minced chicken. And yes, foie gras is even more traditional.

Last edited:
I have made it once and found that the beef was too rare for my liking. Not sure how to solve that problem. Any ideas? Anyone?

You just need to finish it a little longer in the oven... once the pastry is golden brown top it with some foil to prevent the pastry from overcooking. 35-40 minutes @ 425 for a 2 lb wellington will get you a more well done piece of meat. A meat thermometer really is a huge help with this recipe. you probably want to shoot for 145 degrees.

I've had it...never made it. Maybe someone who has made this can give Nick a couple tips so he doesn't ruin an expensive cut of meat?:ohmy:

I made beef wellington last night and it came out pretty good. here is the recipe i used along with some tips that might help you prevent a big soggy mess: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f48/beef-wellington-recipe-41110.html#post522451

img_522450_0_88749e00a3fc9249034b1cba3485de5c.jpg

Last edited:
" once the pastry is golden brown top it with some foil to prevent the pastry from overcooking." wonderful advice for a filet a little more done.

"A meat thermometer really is a huge help with this recipe" - and this is also!!

:)

Back
Top Bottom