ISO Help With Tonight's Filet Mignon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mylegsbig said:
im gonna use grapeseed oil for the steaks instead. apparently its the best oil for steaks.

Where do you get that from?

There's no "best." Assuming that the smoke point is high enough. It's all about what you want the steak to taste like. It will take on some of the flavor of the oil.

I use grapeseed oil for salad dressing and not a lot more, as I think it tastes like grapes. Strangelyenough.

I don't think steak needs any oil, myself. But when I do use oil, I only use ev olive oil. Because I like the taste and it reminds me of bistecca alla fiorentina.

it named the high smoke point, natural flavor complimenting it, and something about the chemical make up matches the steak.

it was an interesting read...looking for it now with little success.

"WAIT, one more thing"........ CLUNK! .... SKREEEEEETCH! (the fading sound of the song 'Low Rider')

'Lo...Ri...Der, is a little higher.'

jk:LOL:

Wow.....i really knocked their socks off. What a success. I'm proud of myself.

It is so difficult to cook for other people. This is only my 2nd time. I normally just cook for my wife...

They were HUGE filets...like 2 1/2 inches thick, 10oz filets....i seared them with grapeseed oil on medium high heat for 2 minutes on each side....not just top and bottom, because they were too thick

then finished em in a 400 degree oven for like 15 minutes....they were medium

i topped them with a mixture of 1 part roquefort cheese to 3 parts butter and wrapped them in foil for 10 minutes

They were sensational, everyone was raving...what a great feeling. really made my night.

way to go, legs.

did you notice any flavor from the grapeseed oil? or were the steaks just so darn good, it didn't matter? :chef:

you've got me craving filt mignon.

Grapeseed oil has a very neutral flavor. It doesn't impart any flavors to foods, which is why it's a great choice for things like salad dressings, infused oils, etc. because you can let the other ingredients shine through.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom