ISO ideas for canneloni filling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miniman

Executive Chef
I was wanting to make meat cannelloni with the kids on pancake Tuesday using the premade tubes. Can I have some advice as to a filling and sauce.

Thanks

Ray

I do either ground beef with some onion and garlic and then stuff that after cooking and top with just a plain old tomato sauce and mozzarella sprinkled over all...OR...shred cooked chicken breast, add in a bunch of grated mozzarella and some cooked, squeezed dry spinach and an egg. That works well with a tomato basil sauce. Mmmmmm. Envying you. I haven't made cannelloni in ages.

For the filling I would do ground beef/pork or a combo of the two, sauteed onion, fresh parsley, some garlic, a little nutmeg, then fold in ricotta, shredded mozz, and grated parm. Just to where it is pipeable then fill tubes. layer in pan, cover in a good tomato sauce, more cheese and bake.

Never done cannelloni but I do mannicotti alot, I use ground beef, sauteed onion, garlic, mozzarella, a little basil and oregano, ricotta, parmesan, an egg, and a box of squeezed dry spinach.

Back
Top Bottom