"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef
Old 05-23-2007, 09:09 AM   #11
Master Chef
I think Andy's right on about the fahitas. Kim made some from leftover prime sirloins the other night, and they were outstanding!

We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:30 PM   #12
Not sure how you will make beef wellingtons or kebabs out of leftover cooked meat.

Charleysaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:07 AM   #13
Executive Chef
I use any leftover prime rib to make beef tips with mushrooms. It is very good over rice, mashed potatoes, even slices of good bread. I use some of the au jus to make a bit of gravy and it is a very good - good flavor and an easy meal. Also cooking the bones in a bit of water produces very good beef broth.
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:41 AM   #14
Head Chef
Thanks for all the advise. I ended up going with quesadillas since mexican food sounded good, but my boyfriend has requested that I fix the prime rib more often, seeing as how he loved it, so I have a feeling I will be trying a bunch of these.
Go Sooners
abjcooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:44 AM   #15
Sous Chef
Originally Posted by Jeekinz
Steak and Eggs.
Oh Yeah,I would agree here.
"Of all the things I have lost in my life,I miss my mind the most".
Paymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:32 PM   #16
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by Charleysaunt
Not sure how you will make beef wellingtons or kebabs out of leftover cooked meat.
For the wellingtons, trim away what you don't want from the leftover beef & get rid of the fat. Puff pastry and crescent roll dough don't require long cooking/baking time. If you want a thicker higher wellington, I would stack one piece of meat on top of the other - wrap & bake.

For the kebobs - cut the leftover meat in chunks, discard what you don't want. The beef can be reheated separately, or as suggested, the mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, etc are all quick cooking if placed all together on skewers. The kebob ingredients all wind up on the same plate - cooked separately or all together on skewers - on a grill, under the broiler or in the oven.

One of the things I love about cooking, is the creativity based on knowledge, and coming up with my own creation.

mish is offline   Reply With Quote