ISO Mince Beef Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rubyydd

Assistant Cook
I have 500grams of mince beef to use for dinner tonight..
I have no idea what to cook, but I know what I don't want (haha) I don't want; spag bog, rissoles, or curry.. Please help :)
Something with rice would be good :) I know I'm a pain, but advice would be nice

I was thinking that! But our oven is out of action :( it works, but the hinges are broken so all the heat comes out..
I want to try something new & exciting

I would make a version of fried rice.

Ground beef, garlic, onion, carrots, celery, sherry, soy sauce etc... mixed with rice or over rice. Sort of a clean out the fridg. meal.

How about Ms. Mofet's Deconstructed Sheppard's Pie (Cottage Pie) (click for recipe)

img_1245436_0_ac715e7121e13315596a5202823f6ec3.jpg

Meatballs, browned then finished in a sauce. Normally, you would add cream and other things, but you can also make a version by adding some cream soup, like cream of mushroom or cream of celery....Let that bubble away. Serve it on rice, potatoes or egg noodles....
tumblr_lyhy8juNbR1qaodzfo1_400.jpg
That looks great. Is that your recipe? If so mind posting it?

I make curried minced beef often.

500gr of minced beef
1 large onion chopped
1 can of chopped tomatoes
2 tsps. of yellow curry paste or powder
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of paprika
2 cloves of crushed garlic
Splash of Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat a little oil in a large pan and sauté the onion till soft, add garlic and curry powder or paste. Cook for 5 mins. Add beef and brown slightly. Add a splash of w/sauce. Add the chopped tomato and the rest of the spices. Cook for 15 minutes or so.
Serve with white basmati rice or regular long grain rice (add a tsp of turmeric to the water you cook the rice in if you want yellow rice)
You could also serve thin slices of banana and peach or mango chutney on the side.

You can also add cubes of carrot, potato and some peas if you like.

Last edited:
Super simple: brown it in a saute pan, then add just enough spaghetti sauce to bind it together. Serve on burger buns for sloppy Giuseppes (the Italian version of Sloppy Joes), or add cooked elbow macaroni for home made beefaroni.

Last edited:
Picadillo served over rice or as an empanada filling. Hamburger stroganoff and egg noodles. Salisbury steak with mushroom gravy over mashed potatoes.

That sounds lovely Snip, thanks for sharing :)

I make curried minced beef often.

500gr of minced beef
1 large onion chopped
1 can of chopped tomatoes
2 tsps. of yellow curry paste or powder
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of paprika
2 cloves of crushed garlic
Splash of Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat a little oil in a large pan and sauté the onion till soft, add garlic and curry powder or paste. Cook for 5 mins. Add beef and brown slightly. Add a splash of w/sauce. Add the chopped tomato and the rest of the spices. Cook for 15 minutes or so.
Serve with white basmati rice or regular long grain rice (add a tsp of turmeric to the water you cook the rice in if you want yellow rice)
You could also serve thin slices of banana and peach or mango chutney on the side.

You can also add cubes of carrot, potato and some peas if you like.

i'm too late, but for future use, i've had a small burger that was stuffed with highly seasoned mexican style rice (yellow rice with bits of red and green peppers, and corn kernels, fairly salty), served in a brown gravy. sort of like a salisbury steak in gravy, but with a pocket of rice inside.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom