"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef

Old 06-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #21
Executive Chef

If you have the time, make a wellington.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #22
Sous Chef

I don't know anyway to cook steak in a crock pot. I hope to see some good ideas here tho'.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #23
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldvine View Post
I don't know anyway to cook steak in a crock pot. I hope to see some good ideas here tho'.
Crock Pot friendly Steak recipe:
Ingredients:
2 lbs. steak, Sirloin, round, or chuck
2 medium, yellow onions
5 Yukon gold potatoes
1 stalk celery, sliced
4 tbs. butter
12 oz. diced tomato
1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1 package fresh mushrooms (not sure of the weight)
1/2 tsp. coarse grind black pepper

Cut the steak into 1/2 inch cubes. Peel, then cut the onions into bite-sized pieces. Wash the mushrooms and slice into quarters. Peel and cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces.

Place the butter in a frying pan and melt over medium heat. Add the meat and onions. Lightly salt, then saute' to gently brown the meat.

Put the frying pan contents into your slow cooker with everything but the mushrooms. Turn the cooker to its highest setting. Saute the mushrooms until lightly browned, then add to the slow cooker. Give everything a stir. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Let cook for 2 to 4 hours. The meat will be very tender.

If you want, you can omit the potatoes, and cook up some noodles, then ladle your meat sauce over the noodles.

You can also change the herbs to a little thyme, and rosemary, omit the tomato sauce, and cook in the slow cooker. Then, just before serving, add sour cream to make a rich stroganoff.

Hope that helps.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:56 PM   #24
Assistant Cook

Poach it in butter or duck fat it you have ample of each on hand! Sear it first to give it some colour then poach it until you reach your desired doneness.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Discuss Cooking mobile app
Old 06-05-2014, 11:56 PM   #25
Assistant Cook

Its all about the KISS method!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Tags
recipe, steak

ISO - New Ways To Cook Steak My boys (ages 2, 4, 9) want steak for dinner tomorrow and had said they love the many different ways I have made steak but was wondering since I am trying new recipes if I could find a new one for steak tomorrow and see if it is another keeper. So I have been looking for a new marinade for my steak for tomorrow night. A small easy 4-6 hour marinade or even a 4-6 hour crockpot recipe. If anyone can help me find one that would be great. Thank you in advance. :chef::smile: 3 stars 1 reviews