ISO - New Ways To Cook Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know anyway to cook steak in a crock pot. I hope to see some good ideas here tho'.

Crock Pot friendly Steak recipe:
Ingredients:
2 lbs. steak, Sirloin, round, or chuck
2 medium, yellow onions
5 Yukon gold potatoes
1 stalk celery, sliced
4 tbs. butter
12 oz. diced tomato
1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1 package fresh mushrooms (not sure of the weight)
1/2 tsp. coarse grind black pepper

Cut the steak into 1/2 inch cubes. Peel, then cut the onions into bite-sized pieces. Wash the mushrooms and slice into quarters. Peel and cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces.

Place the butter in a frying pan and melt over medium heat. Add the meat and onions. Lightly salt, then saute' to gently brown the meat.

Put the frying pan contents into your slow cooker with everything but the mushrooms. Turn the cooker to its highest setting. Saute the mushrooms until lightly browned, then add to the slow cooker. Give everything a stir. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Let cook for 2 to 4 hours. The meat will be very tender.

If you want, you can omit the potatoes, and cook up some noodles, then ladle your meat sauce over the noodles.

You can also change the herbs to a little thyme, and rosemary, omit the tomato sauce, and cook in the slow cooker. Then, just before serving, add sour cream to make a rich stroganoff.

Hope that helps.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Poach it in butter or duck fat it you have ample of each on hand! Sear it first to give it some colour then poach it until you reach your desired doneness.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Back
Top Bottom