ISO Perfect Yorkshire pudding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stripes_id

Assistant Cook
My current recipe won't rise! I'm using the same recipe my Mom used, the same method ( yes I'm preheating the drippings) I'm using muffin tins. My yoskshire tasts great but they are are very similar to hockey pucks.:ohmy:
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Steve:)

:) One thing comes to mind you cant open the oven the first 40-50 minutes or they will fall.Eggs and milk need to be room temp eggs need to somewhat fresh.Over mixing batter can make them fall also.

jpmcgrew said:
:) One thing comes to mind you cant open the oven the first 40-50 minutes or they will fall.Eggs and milk need to be room temp eggs need to somewhat fresh.Over mixing batter can make them fall also.
Very good advice from jpmcgrew!!!!!!

:) Thank you Turtle even doing these things once in a great while I have had disasters.Dont know why.But when they are perfect they are so good I could just eat those with some honey and butter and forget the rest of the meal.They are very much like like the dutch babies pancakes batter.

jpmcgrew said:
:) Thank you Turtle even doing these things once in a great while I have had disasters.Dont know why.But when they are perfect they are so good I could just eat those with some honey and butter and forget the rest of the meal.They are very much like like the dutch babies pancakes batter.
Oh Yeah!!m I know what you mean about making a meal with just the puddins!!!! ;) I have had my failures too and most times it is because I didn't follow through with what you advised. That is why I knew you were right. :ermm: Oh well... that is what makes life interesting!!

Thanksfor the help! I'll be sure to not to over mix next time, I have a tendency to whip the batter.
My recipe calls for a 475 oven, so cooking only takes 25- 30 minutes. It's a TNT recipe from 1966 with four ingrediants (milk flour eggs salt). It states to chill the mix before cooking?
I'm kinda a newbie, but I'm picky about getting it right.

Thanks, steve

Back
Top Bottom