ISO Recipe for oven-cooked beef ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rafter7

Assistant Cook
I need some help I havent had much luck with Beef ribs I would like some recipes if anyone could help me out. No fancy ingreditents as i live in the middle of no where and those things are hard to find around here ;)

Thanks

rafter7 said:
I need some help I havent had much luck with Beef ribs I would like some recipes if anyone could help me out. No fancy ingreditents as i live in the middle of no where and those things are hard to find around here ;)

Thanks
Rafter7 - Might be a little late with this, but one of my favorite ways of cooking beef ribs are in a slow cooker (crockpot to some). Low and slow, and then over some egg or home made noodles.

There are tons of recipes out on the Inet for this, and since I really don'tr use recipes, I would suggest a good google search such as :

"beef ribs" recipe crock review - Google Search

Good Luck!

Casper

Uncle Bob said:
rafter7

Wait till Miss Katie E tells ya what to do!

Miss Katie where are you??????

Omigosh! I saw this thread earlier and meant to reply and then got distracted. Thank you, Uncle Bob, for the endorsement. I'll get right on it.

Rafter, I have a great recipe for ribs, but I'll have to PM it or email it to you because of copyright issues. I'll take care of doing that tomorrow. It's been a very long day for me on the road and I'm a bit tired.

As Scarlett said, "Tomorrow's another day." Look for something from me then.;);)

I can second the slow cooker method. Makes for succulent ribs. Best i've ever had hands down. Sorry, dont have a recipe handy. Will post one later if not too late.

amybear said:
I can second the slow cooker method. Makes for succulent ribs. Best i've ever had hands down. Sorry, dont have a recipe handy. Will post one later if not too late.

Me too! I get up in the morning, throw the beef ribs in the crockpot, add a big can of Bush's homestyle beans, a bottle of my favorite barbeque sauce, turn the crockpot to LOW, and go to work. When I get home, the entire house smells like Bucktooth Bob's Red Neck Rib Shack.

Caine said:
Me too! I get up in the morning, throw the beef ribs in the crockpot, add a big can of Bush's homestyle beans, a bottle of my favorite barbeque sauce, turn the crockpot to LOW, and go to work. When I get home, the entire house smells like Bucktooth Bob's Red Neck Rib Shack.

Caine - I have great respect for you given the many great posts you have made.

But Beef ribs disserve a cook with other savory items after having been browned (even a standard beef roast recipe for the crock pot recipe is pretty good in my mind) but I would have *never* thought of using beans in one. Have you tried your normal recipe for this on someone else? Just curious.

Also, what does "Bob's Red Neck Rib Shack" do for this recipe? I've never heard if it but am curious. Is this a sweet or hot BBQ sause?

I could also be wrong ;-) I've learned many things from others that offered non-standard items/cook methods they have learned.

I love to cook in the slow cooker (crock-pot) for a number of things as long as the recipe does not depend on "Campbell’s Soup" as one of the ingredients, very high on sodium, and two, because I like home cooking. I love a slow cooker as it can turn some items into gourmet on it's own.

Regards,

Casper

Back
Top Bottom