ISO stuffings for beef roll-ups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrantsKat

Executive Chef
Hi everyone!!
I bought some thin sliced top round(the package said for milanesa) yesturday and originally I was going to make rouladen. Now Im thinking of maybe making something more creative!
Does anyone have any suggestions for fillings? I dont want to bread & fry them. I want to stuff & roll:pig:
I have onions, green pepper, spinach, mushrooms, bacon, cheddar, american & mozzarella.....
Thanks!!!!

Hi everyone!!
I bought some thin sliced top round(the package said for milanesa) yesturday and originally I was going to make rouladen. Now Im thinking of maybe making something more creative!
Does anyone have any suggestions for fillings? I dont want to bread & fry them. I want to stuff & roll:pig:
I have onions, green pepper, spinach, mushrooms, bacon, cheddar, american & mozzarella.....
Thanks!!!!

OMG, GK. I did the same thing yesterday and was going to cut into strips for stir fry, but was also thinking of pounding for a roll-up.
I still don't know what my mouth and belly feel like, but for my roll up, I would do finely chopped garlic, s & p, small amount of finely chopped onion, spinach and slivers of mozz. Roll up, hold together with toothpicks.
Brown on med.high, then let simmer uncovered with some wine and italian sauce. Make some mashed taters and serve sauce over taters.
But then again, I love stir fry too with onion, peapods, broccoli, crushed garlic, grated ginger, with a slurry? of light soy, terryaki sauce, peach or apricot preserves and corn starch mixed with alittle water. Served with white rice.
You'd think voting for President would be harder, but nope. That done, dinner is my major of the day! LOL!

Cook and drain the spinach (or defrost and drain) and the bacon. Saute the mushrooms, onions and peppers.

Combine all the above with some shredded cheddar and mozzarela and use that mix as filling for the beef rolls.

Here's Dad's tasty receipe for Rolladdems..

Douse meat with Worcestershire sauce
Sprinkle with lemon pepper and garlic powder
scatter minced onion on the meat
lay a strip of bacon on the meat
Put 1/2 kosher dill pickle at one end.
Roll up tightly and secure with toothpick.
Brown in skillet on all sides.
Also chop 1/2 pickle and some more onion and a garlic clove very well
and brown that too.
Add 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup and a bit of water.
Cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring juices into soup as needed.

Serve with mashed potatoes for the gravy.

Now, THAT'S good eating. Really tasty. My wife doesn't like limp bacon,
so I pre cook it now. Still good.

Chop onion and mushrooms finely. Sate together with seasoning of your choice. Use as the stuffing.

I basically do what CharlieD mentioned for a regular menu item at work. It's a stuffed steak, not a roll, though.

I personally like a nice seafood stuffing as well.

GK, what did you wind up doing last night?
I didn't make mine last night.
I had a huge taylor ham,cheese and raw onion sandwich for
lunch, so I wasn't hungry.
Tonight though, I talked myself into the stir fry. The mere mention of ginger, and I've gotta' have it.

Hey qs, I wound up splitting the package in half and made the traditional rouladen last night with baked potatoes, brown gravy & broccoli. The other half Im using tonight in some kind of stir-fry.........or maybe quesadillas!!!

Ground fresh garlic, ground fresh ginger,
alittle powdered cumin,
about 2 Tbsp. of apricot preserves, some soy sauce, some terryaki sauce,
alittle cornstarch & water mix, and sesame seeds.
Cut up meat into strips and browned, added sliced onions, chopped (prefrozen)
broccoli spears, sliced fresh mushrooms,
and (prefrozen) peapods. And cooked alittle til al dente?
Then added all the liquids and spices and reduced.
Served on white rice.
I wonder how this'd be for breakfast?

how about going japanese and making beef negimaki?

blanch and shock some scallions, then (using plastic wrap as an aid) roll them tightly in the beef that has been sprinkled with salt. marinate for a few hours in teryaki, then brown on all sides in a little oil.

serve with fresh teryaki sauce.

Back
Top Bottom