ISO The Best Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deeganlovesthepie

Assistant Cook
:chef: I am just going out to morrisons for a large steak for Sunday dinner. Could any one give me advice on the best steak for a family get together?:chef:

Last edited:
I am not familiar with Morrisons, but I am familiar with Peter Lugers. There, the simply offer the mac daddy of all Porter houses. You simply state, "Steak for [insert #] medium rare", and out it comes, sizzling and cut, then served family style.

If it is more a places like Ruth's Chris(over rated, imo), be prepared to pay upwards of $30, per cut, per person...and that is just for the steak, no sides. Sides are a la cart.

I prefer a rib eye or porter, SO prefers, sirloin, or fillet...A steak to suite a whole families tastes might be a tough order, depends on the personal tastes.

only when hey are hot from the pan;)

I see now where it is saying family get together. if you are doing a cook out type thing, get a variety pack. Is Morrisons a butchery? If so, they should have a pack that has a little of everything, then you can watch them fight over who wants hat, always fun!:LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom