ISO what to do with hamburger patties?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goggin

Assistant Cook
i have a ton of hamburger patties. and am tired of eating hamburgers :( can someone help me out on what to do with these?
thanks in advance

You could chop them up and use them in any recipe calling for ground beef. That would be good for a starter. There are more ways, but I'm having a brain hiccup right now. Don't worry. There will be other suggestions.

You can always bake them in the oven with a beef gravy, sauted onions and mushrooms and serve like salisbury steaks.

A hamburger patty is first and foremost - just ground cow ... it is just formed into a patty. Thaw it and you can reform it any way you like for ... meat balls, meatloaf, chopped/broken up for meat sauces, chili, sloppy joes, slum gullion, hamburger strogonoff, stuffed tomatoes or cabbage, beef version of Sheppard's pie, like jabbur said - salisbury steak, flour and bread them and you can make "mock" chicken fried steak, and then there is glop, you can add browned hamburger and onions to scalloped potatoes and baked ... and gosh - use your imagination!

Last edited:
i have a ton of hamburger patties. and am tired of eating hamburgers :( can someone help me out on what to do with these?
thanks in advance

Hamburger Gravy
Chop some up, fry coat with flour. Let the flour brown just a bit, add milk and bring to a boil while stirring. When it's thick enjoy over bread or toast.. Just make sure you have enough salt and pepper in it.

Asking what to do with burger patties is like asking "what should I do with this bag of money I found"?
1/ I avoid ready made patties. They tend to be over spiced or salted and contain strange things.
2/ I stick with eating the flesh of feathered or finned animals, healthier then the flesh of four legged creatures.Ask George Orwell.

Buy some wonton skins and add a spoon of meat and onions, close and steam them.

BiLL

Freeze 'em and invite all your friends over on New Year's Day for a casual lunch - make up some salads, get some burger buns and whatever other sides you fancy and serve them all hamburgers and milkshakes/cokes! Couple of trays of oven fries, maybe a game of something on the tv (assuming something is on and you are that way inclined) or hire some DVD's, or get out the old Twister set and party like a pack of 15-year-olds!!

thanks in advance

Lasagna

Dumplings/Won tons

Egg Rolls

Calzone

Empanadas

Picadillo

Pizza

Bolegnese sauce

Shepherd's Pie

Chili

Pastitsio

Sloppy Joes

Are you sure I cant talk you into a burger? lol

101 Burger Builders

Last edited:
You could also cook them, and then use them chopped up. These could be used for pizza toppings, anything you would use meatballs in, rice dishes, a pasta sauce, a quick curry, sandwich mixes etc.

You could also change the way you serve them, Salisbury steak style has already been mentioned.

Hamburger Pizza

Use ketchup or marinara for sauce
Crumble bacon
Colby/cheddar cheese mixed
add lettuce tomatoes red onions etc. for more fun.

chili size

that is what we call it here in calif. toasted burger bun open face, fry two patties and put one on each half of bun. pour canned heated chili on top.

then chopped purple onion and cheese on top. sometimes i pop in micro to melt cheese. not to long though will make bun tough.

babe

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom