Italian Meatballs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
For me, this is comfort food at its best. I sometimes add diced green peppers and/or onions or a splash of worcestershire.

Italian Meatballs
1-1/2 pounds lean ground sirloin or chuck
3/4 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (Not the stuff in a green can)
2 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley
2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil or 1 tablespoon dried
1 tablespoon garlic powder (I use 1-2 cloves fresh, minced)
2 eggs, beaten (I use one egg)
2 tablespoons milk

In a large bowl, separate the meat with a fork and make a well. In another bowl, mix breadcrumbs with cheese, parsley, basil, and garlic; set aside.

Beat egg(s) with milk and pour into the well in the center. Using wet hands, knead the meat to absorb the liquid and mix in the double-seasoned breadcrumbs. Knead well, keeping hands moist, until the meat is well mixed.

Roll with your hands to form balls. Place about 1 inch apart on a nonstick baking pan and bake at 400 degrees until golden brown.

Serve them on picks as an appy, or top with marinara and shaved parmesan. Another idea is to add some chopped pancetta to the mix. Happy Cooking.

Last edited:
Great

Thanks mish for sharing this recipe. Normally, meatballs have to be put on stove and then that is where everything breaks apart and I wind up wit h spaghetti. These are baked which is what I prefer anyway. They sure look good how did they taste?

In the Kitchen said:
Thanks mish for sharing this recipe. Normally, meatballs have to be put on stove and then that is where everything breaks apart and I wind up wit h spaghetti. These are baked which is what I prefer anyway. They sure look good how did they taste?

You are welcome, ITK. They are delish. I like that they are baked instead of fried, but sure you could fry them if you wanted to. :) They're really good on an Italian crusty bread with some provolone. Yummy.

Baking meatballs is certainly a work saver, particularly if you are making a slew of them.

Of course, no matter what you are going to do with them, you have to save a few to make a meatball hero with tomato sauce, and perhaps melted provolone.

It is what the meatball was invented for.:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom