Jamie Oliver-method grilled steaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
watching him right now, tivo'd him, and he's doing steak over coals.
odd thing to me was, over his coals but under the grid, he placed lots of rosemary right on top of the coals. put the little steaks on the grid, and as he said, the rosemary over the coals you get the charred flavor along with the flavor of rosemary without the biting into rosemary. then he made a sauce of cottage cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice and lemon thyme, stirred it. that goes over the steaks. Liking the sound of it and I'll try it.

That does sound interesting, I guess the flavor of the rosemary carries into the steak the same way smoke would.
On the sauce, cottage cheese surprises me.. and I am not one to usually put any sauce on my steaks. But, I may make it on the side just to taste it and see if it is an interesting sauce.

That does sound interesting, I guess the flavor of the rosemary carries into the steak the same way smoke would.
On the sauce, cottage cheese surprises me.. and I am not one to usually put any sauce on my steaks. But, I may make it on the side just to taste it and see if it is an interesting sauce.
Oh Mav, I'm with you. I love cottage cheese and found that odd as well, that's why I kept having to rewind my tivo, I needed to make sure he was doing what I thought he was doing meaning cottage and not some other kind of English cheese, like Farmer or whatever. I am going to do this cause I have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much rosemary and this is a good purpose for it.

I definitely think the rosemary on the coals is a great idea, I wonder what other dry herbs might work as well?

uh, not sure probably only that one due to it being so woodsy and all, it really is the only one I can think of that is substantial enough to hold up to anything that hot/heat induced. think of basil or parsley or thyme or sage, they'd all just disappeara:huh:

LOL, being ever the adventurous here.... I might takes some right out of the garden and give it a try. Might be green enough to last just long enough.... LOL.

i think jamie is highly over rated as a chef. he is sloppy and mumbles, so it is hard to understand him, and cooking in his yard with what looks like unwashed vegs. really turn me off. i think he just does stuff like the meat on the coals so see if people will buy it.

that said, i know people like him, just not for me.

babe:cool:

great idea, thanks lefse! :chef:my rosemary is growing by leaps and bounds this year, so i had to hack a lot of it back. i have a big bundle of the cuttings that was looking for a use. i was gonna do the grilled shrimp on a rosemary skewer thing, but i think i'll try this as well.

Back
Top Bottom