Joint identity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muzzzzy

Assistant Cook
Hi,
I am trying to identify this joint ( bundled in a package from my meat supplier). Also how this would normally be prepared/cooked. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20161210_194404.jpg
    IMG_20161210_194404.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 264
It looks like a rib cut with the full cap attached. Just a heads up, that cap will typically not be as tender as the rest of the cut when cooked medium rare as a rib steak/roast should be cooked.

I agree it looks like a shoulder chop. I think they are tough unless braised.

Agreed, shoulder chop, towrds the rib end.

Is it beef or lamb? It's so red it looks a bit like lamb.

LOL..

My first thought was a different kind of joint.
In that case say thank you and have a nice day!:ermm::ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Great minds and all, Munky. I too first thought it was a different kind of joint...

Last edited:
LOL..

My first thought was a different kind of joint.
In that case say thank you and have a nice day!:ermm::ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Great minds and all, Munky. I too first thought it was a different kind of joint...

Seems that would require the Admins to create a new forum subject. That sort of "joint" can be used in cooking though - Alice B. Toklas brownies come to mind... :LOL:

Seems that would require the Admins to create a new forum subject. That sort of "joint" can be used in cooking though - Alice B. Toklas brownies come to mind... :LOL:

Heh. But you'd have to remove the rolling paper. Doesn't bake well. Burns. Chewy. Tastes nasty.

Sorry. Other parts of the world call meat things joints.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom