Killer Bacon Burgers..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, that does sound good. :yum: I'll just go ahead and use my knife and finely chop the bacon - since I don't have a FP or meat grinder. ;)

Saved! Thanks, Kay. :)

Whoever heard of copy/pasting a burger recipe? Well I just did, so I will remember it.

It must be a Bacon Omen. Earlier today I was reading someone's bacony meatloaf. The poster was whining the bacon got all sticky in the food processor and was difficult to clean. Response was ask your butcher to grind and mix the meatloaf. Pah! Like you can find a butcher and don't they know they have to clean their equipment when doing special things.
Rachael makes it seem easy= Partial freeze the bacon before chopping.

However, please don't do this "press on the burgers with a spatula for more even cooking"> No. Just don't. Allow them to sizzle and retain their juices.

Amazingly, I almost always have all the ingredients for these on hand EXCEPT the bacon. I don't buy bacon all that often, must adjust my grocery list

Whoever heard of copy/pasting a burger recipe? Well I just did, so I will remember it.

It must be a Bacon Omen. Earlier today I was reading someone's bacony meatloaf. The poster was whining the bacon got all sticky in the food processor and was difficult to clean. Response was ask your butcher to grind and mix the meatloaf. Pah! Like you can find a butcher and don't they know they have to clean their equipment when doing special things.
Rachael makes it seem easy= Partial freeze the bacon before chopping.

However, please don't do this "press on the burgers with a spatula for more even cooking"> No. Just don't. Allow them to sizzle and retain their juices.

Amazingly, I almost always have all the ingredients for these on hand EXCEPT the bacon. I don't buy bacon all that often, must adjust my grocery list

No Bacon!?! <faints dead away>

:LOL:

The only thing I don't have for this is the bleu cheese. Bacon, however....:ohmy: :LOL: I buy a few pounds of it when it's on sale, portion and bag it in 5 or 6 slices or so, and freeze.

Just wondering, unless you cook your burgers at least medium well, don't you end up with some rather rare to raw bacon pieces in the middle of the burger? I'm not a fan of undercooked bacon - not worried about safety, just don't like the texture - I prefer my bacon a bit on the crisp side.

I'd be inclined to pre cook the bacon, then crumble or chop and mix it into the beef with some of the bacon fat to keep a good bacony flavor in the mixture, but with crispy bacon bits. Just a thought :chef:

Last edited:
Just wondering, unless you cook your burgers at least medium well, don't you end up with some rather rare to raw bacon pieces in the middle of the burger? I'm not a fan of undercooked bacon - not worried about safety, just don't like the texture - I prefer my bacon a bit on the crisp side.

I'd be inclined to pre cook the bacon, then crumble or chop and mix it into the beef with some of the bacon fat to keep a good bacony flavor in the mixture, but with crispy bacon bits. Just a thought :chef:

Sounds good your way too Rick..your kitchen, your rules.;)

Actually the way it was done, the bacon was chopped so fine, to the aprox. grind of the beef, I doubt you'd know it was there, except for the flavor. The very lean ground beef has the added bacon fat, much like ground chuck contains more beef fat.

I'm dying to hear how someone here thinks when they have tried it. Just like RP, I was wondering about the bacon texture. I like my bacon very crisp.

One detail in the instructions just bugged me. "Coarsely chop and pulse in food processor to grind or push through the meat grinder attachment for a stand mixer." What, if I just have a meat grinder, but no stand mixer, this won't work?http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/recip...e_and_horseradish_sauce/#sthash.7NyGEtL4.dpuf

I'm dying to hear how someone here thinks when they have tried it. Just like RP, I was wondering about the bacon texture. I like my bacon very crisp.

One detail in the instructions just bugged me. "Coarsely chop and pulse in food processor to grind or push through the meat grinder attachment for a stand mixer." What, if I just have a meat grinder, but no stand mixer, this won't work?http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/recip...e_and_horseradish_sauce/#sthash.7NyGEtL4.dpuf

I would think that a stand alone grinder would work as well as, or better than, a mixer attachment. Personally, if I did it per the recipe, I'd just use a knife to mince it unless I was making a large quantity. Faster for me than setting up, grinding, then cleaning up after for just a few strips of bacon.

My only meat grinder is the ancient manual one I got when my mother passed away. I don't use it as much as she did, but I'm a bit handier with a knife than she was.

I would think that a stand alone grinder would work as well as, or better than, a mixer attachment. Personally, if I did it per the recipe, I'd just use a knife to mince it unless I was making a large quantity. Faster for me than setting up, grinding, then cleaning up after for just a few strips of bacon.

My only meat grinder is the ancient manual one I got when my mother passed away. I don't use it as much as she did, but I'm a bit handier with a knife than she was.
Yeah, I guess I should have put a smiley to indicate sarcasm. It just annoys me that they write it that way.

Depending on how my wrist is feeling, I would probably cut it up with a knife too. I have an actual, stand alone, electric meat grinder that I have had for donkey's years. I don't use it often for meat, but it has an attachment for vegis and we use that a lot for grating or shredding vegis or cheese. We use it for dry bread crumbs too. It's one of my more useful, small, kitchen appliances.

Bacon burgers.

I picked up some Danish blue cheese at that funny market I went to today. It is very creamy rather than crumbly. It reminded me of the Gorgonzola I picked up at a little market in Venice.
Here is a bacon funny. While we were in St. Petersburg Russia, we found a great restaurant called the Soviet Cafe next to our hotel. After 2 nights of very rich food, we decided to go for something a little lighter. We looked at the specials, and they had a pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon! So much for "lighter":)

I think this is very nice! But how does one understand of meaty and smoked bacon?

Is there a correct type of bacon for this? I will be here longer, and cooking also.

There are different bacons, yes?

~Cat

Back
Top Bottom