Kobe beef prices... will they ever come down?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brazen amatuer's comments make me wonder if there is ANY true Kobe beef sold in the US. It would be worthwhile to check the country or origin on any Kobe beef package. I remember a few years back reading that a Japanese company had purchased a ranch in the US for the purpose of producing Kobe. It would not surprise me if the Kobe in the US is coming from the US, in which case you may not get what you pay for. If you can triple the price of something simply be changing the label, someone will.

Little late on this thread but though you guys might enjoy this. Just purchased 8lbs of wagyu tenderloin filet.

img_621621_0_28a531f6d0ec9b2d20421222f7190db0.jpg

Welcome to DC.

What to do with all that goodness? What are your plans?

oh, make an intro thread:D

No idea lol. Probably just cut it all up today and freeze it. Will give some out as fathers day gift. I thought that be a different idea :chef:

i don't know about cloned beef...

i'm sure they'll have to label it as "cloned", right?

It's not the cloning that makes Kobe beef, it's the care and feeding of the steer after it's born. My husband and I had a Kobe steak at a local upscale restaurant a few years ago and paid a high price for it. The steak was incredibly rich and flavorful, like nothing we had ever eaten before. It was well worth the price to us. A few months later we had a burger made with Kobe beef, same thing, The burger was $14.00 and again, worth every cent. This beef is imported from Japan and they do things differently there. Try it just once even if you have to split a steak just to see what I mean. Make sure you are getting genuine Kobe beef. There are a lot of "imitations" on the market now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom