Left over steak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tancowgirl2000

Head Chef
K so its just me and Sierra at home last night(she's 5) i cook 4 1/2 steaks...eat one betwix the both...now what to do with the others....I KNOW my dog would love them but just not ready to part with them yet.....oh and they are buffalo, close enough to beef.....

Something, for some reason, I have not made in years.

Roast beef hash.

But thanks for reminding me, I have to make that soon.

Anytime I have leftover beef I make a casserole out of it. I slice the beef thin, saute some onions, add some beef broth, and top that with mashed potatoes, pats of butter and breadcrumbs. Kind of like shepards pie.

Make a stir-fry with your favorite veggies, a stir-fry sauce, and the steak thinly sliced. Like mudbug said add the steak towards the end of stir-frying because of it alread being cooked.

or

Saute some sliced bellpepper and onions, then add the steak long enough to get it warm and serve it all on French rolls. You could also make French Dip sandwiches.

or

Make fajitas with sauted onions and bellpepper with your favorite fajita seasoning.

or

This recipe is great for leftover steak. Again you will have to adjust the cooking times due to your steak already being cooked.

Chinese Pepper Steak

1 lb. round steak
1 medium onion, sliced
1 bell pepper, cut in strips
2 tablespoons oil
2 envelopes Au Jus gravy mix
4 teaspoons soy sauce
½ teaspoon ginger
½ cup water
3 cups cooked hot rice

Cut meat in half lengthwise with sharp knife and then crosswise into thin slices. Cook steak, onion, and bell pepper in hot oil until meat is browned. Drain and place back in skillet. Stir in other ingredients except rice. Add more water, if needed. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over hot rice.

Just an idea.

Cut the steak on a 45 degree bias, into very thin strips.

Arrange it on a plate with the meat strips ccoming off from the center like sun rays.

Put some salad in the center.

Put on some sliced jarred or roasted red peppers on the meat.

Then drizzle some EVOO and a tad of balsamic vinegar on the beef and on the veggies in the center.

Or use another salad dressing for the center, think that would give the dish an interesting contrast.

Just flying by the seat of my pants here.

Take care.

pasta with marinara and steak sauce...use the steak as the meat in your spaghetti sauce...bring to room temp and warm gently to keep it juicy...slice over your pasta and top with sauce and cheese! the taste is great!

Sorry, I forgot to mention I would put some thinly shaved Parmesan on top.

auntdot said:
Something, for some reason, I have not made in years.

Roast beef hash.

But thanks for reminding me, I have to make that soon.
That is one of my favorite ways to use left-over steak or roast!

:) Barbara

Auntdot's salad suggestion reminded me of the Steak Salad in Frugal Gourmet's first book.

I think this may have been one of the very few recipes from this book that I haven't made yet, but I WILL!

Lee

Steak Salad

Steak, cooked and cut into cubes

Dressing:

1/4 cup mayo
1/4 sour cream
1 T sweet pickle relish
juice of half a lemon
1/8 teas sugar
1/2 T dijon mustard
Lettuce
2 eggs, hard boiled
2 tomatos, cut into wedges
salt and pepper to taste

For leftover steak, nuke the cubes a bit, to serve warm. Mix dressing with warm steak cubes, place on a bed of lettuce, garnish with eggs and tomatoes.

Serves 4.

SierraCook said:
Make a stir-fry with your favorite veggies, a stir-fry sauce, and the steak thinly sliced. Like mudbug said add the steak towards the end of stir-frying because of it alread being cooked.

or

Saute some sliced bellpepper and onions, then add the steak long enough to get it warm and serve it all on French rolls. You could also make French Dip sandwiches.

or

Make fajitas with sauted onions and bellpepper with your favorite fajita seasoning.

or

This recipe is great for leftover steak. Again you will have to adjust the cooking times due to your steak already being cooked.

Chinese Pepper Steak

1 lb. round steak
1 medium onion, sliced
1 bell pepper, cut in strips
2 tablespoons oil
2 envelopes Au Jus gravy mix
4 teaspoons soy sauce
½ teaspoon ginger
½ cup water
3 cups cooked hot rice

Cut meat in half lengthwise with sharp knife and then crosswise into thin slices. Cook steak, onion, and bell pepper in hot oil until meat is browned. Drain and place back in skillet. Stir in other ingredients except rice. Add more water, if needed. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over hot rice.
thats what I do with left over steak or also just use for fajatias,or steak and cheese sandwhich for lunch is yummy...

or you could cut it thin and make a good omlet for breakfast or shave ti for philly sandwitches

Sierra, I like your recipe for pepper steak. Think I'll give it a try next time.
:)

We usually end up slicing it for Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches.

Last edited:
ok i did a stew....too lazy for other things...ok no im not, but i had way to much to do today so stew fit the bill just fine...thanks!

Back
Top Bottom