Looking for Easy Recipe for Rump Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that CWS and I did introduce Conrad last summer when we bought half of him. We didn't name him. The people who raised him did. He wasn't a steer. He was a young bull.
:LOL::LOL::LOL:Not TL's fault nor mine that Conrad rump roast didn't show up in a Google search. As TL said, neither one of us named him, we just bought the meat, and what lovely meat it is.

I think that CWS and I did introduce Conrad last summer when we bought half of him. We didn't name him. The people who raised him did. He wasn't a steer. He was a young bull.
Yes, You did as I remember. I think it was the name that threw people a bit. Glad you two didn't name him. I feel it's rather rude to eat someone you're on first name terms with. (1st law of the Cannibal islands ;))

Yes, You did as I remember. I think it was the name that threw people a bit. Glad you two didn't name him. I feel it's rather rude to eat someone you're on first name terms with. (1st law of the Cannibal islands ;))
Yes, I'm sure it was the name. I'm sorry for the confusion. I thought it was obvious from previous comments, but I guess it wasn't.

Ack! Gotta get that roast in the oven and I have a question. The oven is heating now. I'm putting a rack across a square, Pyrex baking dish. I'll put the roast on the rack and catch the drippings in the baking dish. How do I keep the drippings from burning?

Should I put some coconut oil on the bottom? Ghee? Water? Vegi stock?

edit at 17h29: I just stuck it in the oven with a bit of water in the baking dish.

Last edited:
I like to cook rump roast in the slow cooker as well. I'll rub it with Worcestershire sauce, flake sea salt & pepper & herbs de Provence - then add the carrots, potatoes, and sliced mushrooms. Top off with some wine and enough beef stock or water to cover roast. Cook low and slow for 6-8 hours and it comes out so tender

I like to cook rump roast in the slow cooker as well. I'll rub it with Worcestershire sauce, flake sea salt & pepper & herbs de Provence - then add the carrots, potatoes, and sliced mushrooms. Top off with some wine and enough beef stock or water to cover roast. Cook low and slow for 6-8 hours and it comes out so tender
Yeah, but that's a pot roast.

You dry roasted it in a slow cooker?

I guess that wouldn't heat up the house as much as using the oven. Are there other advantages?

I had to go to work. Didn't want to leave it in the oven. I had a 13 y. o. at home. So I used the slow cooker. He came home from school and didn't even notice it. By the time I got home, it was completely cooked. There was a small amount of juice on the bottom. Not enough for gravy making. The pork roast was done to perfection. So tender. And juicy. My upstairs neighbor had a piece and fell in love with it. She went out and bought herself a small SC the next day. I still do it on occasion. And the SC was so easy to clean. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom