Looking for good mushroom swiss recipe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CantCookButLoveToEat

Assistant Cook
Hi, I've been eating mushroom swiss burgers for so long and now I want to be able to cook my own.

Does anyone know any recipes for a mushroom swiss?

I love them too. All I do is make my favorite burger, saute some 'shrooms in butter and garlic, top the burger with them, lay the sliced swiss on top and do a quick broil to melt the cheese.

Season your burger meat with salt, pepper, a bit of Worcestershire, and believe it or not, a bit of olive oil. I also add a garlic paste I make out of smashing garlic with the side of my knife along with some kosher salt and olive oil - all this makes a paste. I also add some horseradish to my burger meat too. I use a lean meat and the olive oil helps keep it moist. Turn only once as they want to fall apart.

When you saute the mushrooms try not to move them around and keep them at one layer or they will steam rather than saute. A little olive oil, thyme and garlic. Mushrooms suck up liquid, so if the pan gets too dry just add some more oil. A splash of white wine would add some more flavor. You can use any mushroom you want or a combination of mushrooms. Some onion would be nice in there too.

Thanks for deciding on Saturdays dinner for me.

Mmm, thanks for the suggestions.
I'll be making the actual thing soon, and really looking forward to it.(Don't cook much because the washing up annoys me)

btw: no problem , Jeekinz! =)

When you saute the mushrooms try not to move them around and keep them at one layer or they will steam rather than saute. A little olive oil, thyme and garlic. Mushrooms suck up liquid, so if the pan gets too dry just add some more oil. A splash of white wine would add some more flavor. You can use any mushroom you want or a combination of mushrooms. Some onion would be nice in there too.

Thanks for deciding on Saturdays dinner for me.

Good advice.

I like chanterelles on burgers, but you can use just about anything. I tend to use a TON of mushrooms and comparatively small patties, I like it to be almost 45/45/10 in regards to ratio of beef/shrooms/cheese.

I also tend to use bleu with mushroom-topped burgers, but swiss is mighty tasty too.

I will make this at work every now and then, usually as a treat for one of the folks over in the Pro Shop.

I like to use a mix of mushrooms, sliced button, shiitake, and portabello. I saute in clarified butter, with a pinch of salt and pepper. When the mushrooms just start to caramelize (this is on a commercial range, so I get much higher BTU output), I'll hit it with about 2 T of Au Jus, and cook that down. Mushrooms on top of the burger, then the cheese, and a quick shot into the salamander to melt the cheese.

When it comes to cooking the burgers, I'm a salt-and-pepper person, unless there is some Montreal Steak Seasoning handy. I'm also a flame-broiled burger person.

Back
Top Bottom