Looking for Hot Dog Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been making this for years. I thought I adapted this from a recipe, attributed to actor Walter Sleazak, in a Craig Claiborne, New York Times cookbook. But I just checked the original recipe, and I found that there is absolutely no resemblance, except for the fact that it has hotdogs. A mind plays tricks after 30 years of making something.

Franks and Beans Casserole

I package of hotdogs, cut up into bite-size pieces
I jar of B&M Baked Beans
I medium onion, sliced and microwaved for two minutes to soften
1/2 a pound of part-skim mozzarella, shredded
1 teaspoon dry Coleman's English mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 Tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons Pickapeppa sauce
Hot sauce to taste
Salt and pepper to taste.
8 one-inch by three-inch thin slices of Cheddar for garnish

Mix all the ingredients together, except for the Cheddar and place in a round, microwaveable, covered casserole. Microwave on high for four minutes, then turn 90 degrees and continue cooking for three more minutes. While the casserole is cooking turn on the broiler. Once the casserole is done, remove the top and place the Cheddar slices atop the the hotdog and bean mixture like the spokes of a wheel and then place the casserole under the broiler till the cheese bubbles and begins to turn brown.

Last edited:
No such thing! And why is this listed under beef? Just put it in your salad. I like Franks recipe!
Did you read the first post? Here it is with the answers to your comment and question in bold:
Ok, so here's the deal.
Yes Im still a vegetarian, But I've come across a good brand of vegetarian hot dogs, that are pretty good ( in both texture and taste, which is almost impossible to find). Although I havent eaten real hot dogs in 25 + years, I can still vividly remember how they taste.

Having this new opportunity to eat and cook with hot dogs, Ive already done the basics with them ( hot dogs in a bun with various toppings, cut up in chili , cut up in pea soup, pigs in a blanket .

So, If I posted this in vegetarian forum, it might get over looked. Im looking for " REAL Recipes" that may use hot dogs, I ll worry about converting them to vegetarian.

That being said, wrapping them up in bacon doesnt help me much , cause the veggie bacon taste like crap and totally different consistency :LOL: . So keep in mind that recipes that heavily rely on other meat products, in addition to the hot dog, may not be workable to me,

Thanks in advance,

Larry

perhaps someone could find LuckyTrim's post with ca. 200 pages of hot dog ideas.

Just Google "Hot Dog Soup" and you will get a ton of recipes. From doing them in a crock pot to just making a casserole type soup. Just substitute your hot dogs for the meat ones. :angel:

I have an E- file with all you'll ever need...........

Too large to attach here........... PM me your e-mail addy and I'll fire it off to you.

Here's a link to a site that has a bunch of hot dog recipes, most of them requiring no other meat (chili can be veggie:mrgreen:). Hot Dog Dinner Recipes | Yummly

Here's a recipe that just popped into my head, but that I have never made. But it sounds great in theory.
Ingredients:
1 cup peeled and grated russet potatoes (Use the large grater on your box greater)
1/4 cup ap flour
1 small egg
salt
pepper
sage
hot dogs
oil

Mix the shredded potato, flour, S&P, sage, and egg together. stir to combine. dry the outside of the hot dog. Spread out the potato mixture on waxed paper. Use the paper to help wrap it around a hot dog, including the ends. It should stick to itself. Deep fry until the potatoes are browned. Serve with cole slaw.

It sound great, if you can make it work. I believe the flour and egg should bind the potato shreds together enough. You might have to play with it though, to get everything just right.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom