Luv's garlicky beef jerky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
8 very thin sirloin steaks, about 1/8"-1'4" each
1 bottle worcestershire sauce
1/4 c. soy sauce
2 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
2 tbsp. A-1
5 cloves smashed garlic
few dashes Frank's red hot or tabasco
onion powder
garlic powder
black pepper
-
partially freeze meat. peel steaks apart and slice into 1" wide strips. cut all visable fat away. (i slice with the grain for a chewier jerky but against the grain for a more tender jerky. it's up to you.) whisk together remaining ingredients in large bowl. add sliced meat and marinate in fridge for up to 24 hours.
pat meat dry with paper towels and sprinkle with coarsley ground pepper and a little garlic powder. lay on baking sheets or drape each pc. over the bars on the oven rack. set oven to lowest temperature, about 200 degrees. prop open a few inches using metal spoon handle. dry till you can bend it without it breaking, several hours.

Last edited:
I've read using fresh garlic could make the jerky come-out bitter. I used a similar recipe to this for the batch I have in my dehydrator right now, minus the teriyaki and smashed cloves.

Could I use skirt steak for this? I have some in the freezer and really
want to try it.

yep! i just use sirloin cause they have chipped sirloin steaks at the store and they're easy to cut to the right size.

if you try my recipe, you might was to add more soy sauce to the marinade if you like a saltier jerky.

Hi luvs, I'm about to go make some of this! I'll let ya know how it goes. I think I'll leave the tabasco out though since I don't like HOT.

Thanks again for the recipe.

Back
Top Bottom