Mayonnaise Tacos Recipe (Yummy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiffanybliss

Assistant Cook
This mayonnaise tacos recipe has been in my family for generations.

Tiffany Bliss Mayonnaise Tacos Recipe

Ingredients:
1 lb Hamburger Meat
1 Package Lawry's Taco Seasonings
2/3 Cup water
1 Can of Corn
1 Bag of Salad Mix (or you can make your own)
2 Tbsp of Mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
corn tortiallas taco shells
vegatable oil
grated cheese

Instructions:
1. Brown the hamburger meat in a large pan. Drain and Rinse.
2. Add Lawry Seasonings, water and corn.
3. Let Simmer.
4. In a large bowl, combine salad and mayonnaise. Mix.
5. Fry taco shells in oil and set aside on a plate lined with paper towels to cool.
6. Fill your tacos with meat, salad and cheese.
7. Enjoy!

You can watch the video on how to make them here: YouTube - OMG How to Make Mayonnaise Tacos

Thanks, Tiffany.

Cute video by the way. I would certainly TRY them. What's NOT to like about mayonnaise? Egg, oil... ummm... that's it, right? And who doesn't count mayo as one of their sammich options? And what IS a taco but a type of sammich?!!?

Personally, I would still probably add additional seasoning(s), or maybe use a flavored mayo, such as garlic. But, hey... who am I to mess with a generations-old family recipe!

Thanks, Tiffany.

Cute video by the way. I would certainly TRY them. What's NOT to like about mayonnaise? Egg, oil... ummm... that's it, right? And who doesn't count mayo as one of their sammich options? And what IS a taco but a type of sammich?!!?

Personally, I would still probably add additional seasoning(s), or maybe use a flavored mayo, such as garlic. But, hey... who am I to mess with a generations-old family recipe!

Thanks for the compliment.
Flavored mayonnaise? What a great idea! I'm going to try that.

I don't get the rinsing of the ground beef.
I rinse the ground beef with hot water to get a lot of the fat off. Then I was told by my sister that it takes all the flavor away.
Sigh.
Maybe its not the best thing to do.
Of course, she told me this AFTER I made the video....LOL. Oh well, I guess I'll leave that step out next time.

Thanks for watching and giving me feedback. You guys are awesome!
Tiffany

I also don't agree with washing beef, it's not something I would ever do but to each his own... I also would never use packaged taco seasoning as there is too much sodium for me... I prefere to make my own, allowing myself to control the salt... As for the mayo, I think i'll stick to sour cream... Everyone likes there own thing, so keep doin what you do... :):):)

You all totally misinterpreted my post. I was referring to the lost flavor not the lost fat!!! I'm wearing a suit made of Mayo RIGHT NOW!!!!

Oh, and WELCOME to the forum Tiff!!! Sharing recipes right out of the box! Look around, you will love it here.

Last edited:
You all totally misinterpreted my post. I was referring to the lost flavor not the lost fat!!! I'm wearing a suit made of Mayo RIGHT NOW!!!!

Oh, and WELCOME to the forum Tiff!!! Sharing recipes right out of the box! Look around, you will love it here.

HAHAHA

Thanks! I know I'll find some great recipes.
Have a great day everyone!

Back
Top Bottom