Meatloaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread has inspired me to make a Korean style meat loaf today..I had some left over ground beef from last night. I started to make some asian style meat balls with a hoisin dip for this party I went to..anyway, I napped too long and once I woke up I hastily rolled out a few dozen of these balls and cooked them off leaving about two pounds left..today I'll roll whatever is left over and put some kind of Korean bbq sauce on it..not sure what else to do with it

This thread has inspired me to make a Korean style meat loaf today..I had some left over ground beef from last night. I started to make some asian style meat balls with a hoisin dip for this party I went to..anyway, I napped too long and once I woke up I hastily rolled out a few dozen of these balls and cooked them off leaving about two pounds left..today I'll roll whatever is left over and put some kind of Korean bbq sauce on it..not sure what else to do with it
Make a banh mi-style Korean meatball sandwich - on a toasted roll with the sauce and pickled carrots and daikon.

thanks..but, I'm all meat balled out..I'm just going to roll one big log and be done with it..lol..I already have dinner planned so this is just so I don't waste it..[emoji38]
Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you meant you had two pounds of meatballs left.

Sounds like a tasty idea, though ;) How did you make the Korean BBQ sauce?

So this past weekend for Sunday dinner, I made my meatloaf with whole oats and it turned out fabulous. Thanks to those who gave that suggestion.

And right now for my late-night dinner, I'm having a meatloaf sandwich on 12-grain bread with a little Miracle Whip, sweet onions, spinach leaves and avocado (I'm an avocado addict and add them to anything I possibly can).

So delicious.

I used to use Miracle Whip. For years. I didn't care at all for mayo. Then I discovered Cains Mayo. A local New England brand. Now I will never use anything else.

I like both Miracle Whip and Mayo. It depends on what I'm having and/or what I'm in the mood for.

I like both Miracle Whip and Mayo. It depends on what I'm having and/or what I'm in the mood for.

This for me too. I use mayo more in sauces or in coating for baked fish or chicken breast, but I usually prefer Miracle Whip for sandwiches. Just what I grew up with and that how my taste buds swing.

My favorite Meatloaf:

patti-meatloaf-1996.jpg

This for me too. I use mayo more in sauces or in coating for baked fish or chicken breast, but I usually prefer Miracle Whip for sandwiches. Just what I grew up with and that how my taste buds swing.

Similar thing here. My mom loved her Miracle Whip and put it on all of her sandwiches. And one of her favorite sandwiches was meatloaf with Miracle Whip and onions. So I grew up with Miracle Whip, with mayonnaise only on occasion. But as I got older, I developed a taste for mayo, so I like both.

Everyone loves my deviled eggs and potato salad and they are requested at parties and when I do some catering.

The secret ingredient is Miracle Whip. It adds zip and umami.

Supposedly, Miracle Whip is better for avocado sandwiches rather than mayo. Mayo neutralizes the avocado taste or something.

I've made avocado mayo with a mashed 'cado and just a touch of mayonnaise. Never tried it with Miracle Whip before.

Back
Top Bottom