Meatloaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Next time you want meatloaf- go to food network TV and search on Alton Brown's Meatloaf... I give it five forks out of five.

These recipes sound delicious! Thanks everyone for posting, I love meatloaf, but unfortunately didn't inherit the meatloaf gene...I can make just about anything else including much more complicated dishes, but my meatloaf always tastes like cardboard. I'm not giving up though, I'm planning on trying some of these recipes!

Does anyone put bacon slices on top of his loaf? If you do, are they raw or par-cooked when they go on?

My wife, Katie E, puts bacon on top. She just places several completely uncooked slices on top before putting the meatloaf into the oven.

My wife aslo, has had a BAD exp. with MEATLOAF....so I can't eat it!

Help! My wife has some really wied food seareo types. I need a meatloaf recipe (good one of cource) that dosen't have any pork products in it? Does one exist? Please, help I miss meatloaf.

I just made a 3lb'er Sunday for 6 - all was gone except a 4" square ! I don't really measure but I will try here. For a big one - I used 3lbs. ground chuck, one onion diced, one half large green pepper diced, a couple eggs, one and a half cups oatmeal, about 1/2 C ketcup, 1/2 C bbq. sauce, about 2 tsp. salt, same with pepper and garlic power, sage (if have). Then for topping I put maybe 1/2 C ketcup w/ T. dijon mustard ( or reg.) 2T brown sugar, mix good and put on top. Then enough bacon cut into 1 " squares on top of that. Bake 350'for 1 1/2 hours. -let sit about 10-15 mins before serving. If you have any grease drain out before serving--I use a coffe can--not sink !! good luck and let me know if you try this one-- there are many good ones! Any thing you don't like leave out ! Or add the seas. you love !:)

Ian said:
Help! My wife has some really wied food seareo types. I need a meatloaf recipe (good one of cource) that dosen't have any pork products in it? Does one exist? Please, help I miss meatloaf.

Ian - just don't put pork in it. Can you put some veal in it though? Back in the "day" my mother I feel sure made it with straight ground beef. It wasn't until recently that I started using beef, pork, and veal. BOY is it good! Sorry you can't have the pork. There are so many meatloaf recipes on the net - the one that uses beef and the French Onion soup mix might be a good start. Yes, it's simple but it's still good!!! There are meatloaf recipes with applesauce - they are wonderful! There's the standard sweet/sour ketchup sauce on top and I make a portobello mushroom bourbon gravy.

The possibilities are absolutely endless. You could even add some turkey sausage with casings removed. Any of that sound good to her?

Ian said:

Ian, see my post on page 2 of this thread....:chef:

I am a sucker for meatloaf, I love it. The best part is the leftovers, nothing better then a meatloaf sandwich in the middle of the night.

I though it was a "pre-requisite" to living in America, to eat meatloaf?:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom