Meatloaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I usually lightly pack the raw meat into a loaf pan, then turn it out onto a rack in the baking pan. That way, you get more of the crust. I also like to glaze it before it's done cooking.

I usually lightly pack the raw meat into a loaf pan, then turn it out onto a rack in the baking pan. That way, you get more of the crust. I also like to glaze it before it's done cooking.

I don't bother with the pan. I just shape it pan by hand on a quarter-sheet and bake.

Back to a meatloaf being too moist, it usually calls for "shredded" onions. After I shredded an onion onto a paper plate, I was amazed how much liquid came out when I folded it over the sink.

Back to a meatloaf being too moist, it usually calls for "shredded" onions. After I shredded an onion onto a paper plate, I was amazed how much liquid came out when I folded it over the sink.

Squeeze them in a kitchen towel and see how much more will come out.:ohmy: I do that when making meatballs.

I just dice the onion. I like the textural variety from slightly larger pieces of onion. I've also added diced bell pepper or diced sautéed mushroom for some different flavors.

I just dice the onion. I like the textural variety from slightly larger pieces of onion. I've also added diced bell pepper or diced sautéed mushroom for some different flavors.

Shredding or chopping the onion....given that in my successful attempt at meatloaf, I baked it for so long, 2 hours, the chopped onions were well cooked and I would guess any excess moisture baked off by the end. The moisture issue kind of dried up.

With all this meatloaf talk I think I'll making some tonight.

OH I had to come back to this thread and read through the recipe that worked for us.
I ended up making just a 3 lb meat loaf. I'm really excited about it working because we've made it before and it worked for us.

Yeah, and I still have my mouth watering over the bacon wrapped fatty. Those should probably be illegal.:yum:

Ground beef, pork, onion, garlic, parsnip(wife hates carrots), celery, egg, (salt and pepper) crushed potato chips(your favorite flavor). It's even better if you saute the veggies

Back
Top Bottom