"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef

Old 09-14-2016, 06:09 PM   #41
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnlaw View Post
Tarnation!!! your grill looks so clean!! or is it just new?

and that 'fattie' looks like a whole lot of awesomeness, not to mention a heart attack city!
That's the Weber kettle my sweetheart got me for Father's day one year. The fattie was one of the first things I cooked on it.

Old 09-15-2016, 01:26 AM   #42
Master Chef

One of the Chief's Meatloaf Recipes

This meatloaf is juicy without being mushy. It has a spicy, ballanced flavor that will excite your senses. Read the entire page to see an alternate presentation rather than a loaf shaped meatloaf.

Ingredients:
2 lbs. 80/20 ground beef
1 lb. Cudighi Sausage (or mild Italian sausage, with sage added)
1 medium onion, diced
½ tsp. Dried Oregano
½ tsp. Dried Basil
1 tsp. Salt
½ cup bread crumbs
1 tsp. Granulated Garlic
1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
½ cup milk
1 large egg

Combine all ingredients until completely mixed. Form into meatloaf, or meatballs, or use as filling for stuffed cabbage rolls, or stuffed acorn squash, or even brown and add to marinara sauce.

This will feed approximately 12 people, figuring ¼ lb. per person. Increase by multiplying each ingredient by the same factor, i.e. 6 lbs. ground beef, 3 lbs. sausage, 3 tsp. Salt, etc.

For hearty appetites, double the recipe.

For presentation, mold the meatloaf mixure, on a foil-lined jellyroll sheet, into a mountain, complete with a 3 inch crater. Fill the crater with marinara sauce and let drizzle down the sides, like lava. Add strings of string cheese to the lava rivulets. I call this Mount Vesuvious. Bake like normal, and check the center with a good meat thermometer to verify a final temp. of 160’ F.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
e's one of my meatloaf recipes. Enjoy.

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 01:49 AM   #43
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
Fatties are usually breakfast sausage rolls, like Jinny Dean's, that come in 1 lb tubes, flattened out into a square or rectangle, rolled back up around a stuffing mix (usually made with chilis and cheese) and wrapped in a bacon lattice. They get smoked, low and slow (225 F to 250 F). Some folks also use a BBQ rub before it gets bacon wrapped. If you are really into it, you can make your own sausage. I'm thinking a nice, spicy, homemade andouille, used as bulk. Maybe a little dirty rice or jambalaya as a side! Spicy creole sauce as a condiment. Some Abita beer to wash it down. Laissez les bon temps rouler!
`you be from `lousiana, CraigC??? We lived in `lafayette for 8 years .........loved every minute of it especially the food, ma chere!!! Both our kids were born there........miss the Cajun way of life, too!!! That be some good eating!!!
Old 09-15-2016, 07:40 AM   #44
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
`you be from `lousiana, CraigC??? We lived in `lafayette for 8 years .........loved every minute of it especially the food, ma chere!!! Both our kids were born there........miss the Cajun way of life, too!!! That be some good eating!!!
Naw, I'm a native Floridian, living in south Florida where we are a rare breed! Spent some time in Harvey, LA. Had a short career as a commercial diver. Really like the food and music (Cajun that is). Have a Registered Coonass SIL and granddaughter.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:48 AM   #45
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
Naw, I'm a native Floridian, living in south Florida where we are a rare breed! Spent some time in Harvey, LA. Had a short career as a commercial diver. Really like the food and music (Cajun that is). Have a Registered Coonass SIL and granddaughter.
Awright!!! just as great!!! Both my kids were born in
Lafayette, `LA, and raised by Texas Aggies........how mixed up is that???

Tags
meat