Meatwaffle.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hookied_up

Assistant Cook
Take your basic meatleaf recipe and prepare on waffle maker. It takes about 10-15 mins. ake sure to spray the waffle maker with some non-stick.
It looks a little burned on the outside, but I assure you it was delicious.:chef: Very moist and done on the inside. It kinda has that taste like the end of the loaf.
Plus you can put a topping on it and finish in the oven. Makes a great sandwich too. The little squares hold in teh goodness nicely.

I am going to open up a Meatwaffle House here in MI. I think they are going to be the next big thing.

Attachments

• DSCN1306.JPG
    DSCN1306.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 211
  • DSCN1307.JPG
    DSCN1307.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCN1310.JPG
    DSCN1310.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 206
I had contemplated adding cooked sausage meat or bacon to my waffle recipe and now I'll do it. Thanks for the confirmation of my idea.

Your meatloaf waffles are interesting and one day I'll give them a try. I like to shock Mr HB's grandkids and they'd love to have this for dinner. I'm sure it's great, especially with a spoonful of gravy and mashed potatos. :)

Last edited:
Looks like they would be a great size for a meatloaf sandwich.
I've been thinking of getting a waffel iron...now i can my BF (who hates waffels) there is a new use for one..:LOL:

It makes perfect sammies. Also good with marinara sauce, gravy, or almost anything on top. I have made em with ground sausage or ground pork added in with the beef. I add alot more onions,and breadcrumbs and sometimes oatmeal to my meatloaf. Very filling. I am the Meatwaffle Master.

I also do hash browns this way. I'll serve those to at my resteraunt.

Kudos for our ingenuity. I'm going to try it.

I have a round Belgian waffle maker so I'll have to get some round bread.

Last edited:
grreat idea! summer when you don't want to heat up the oven for example! and yes awesome for sandwiches.

I'm saving these pictures. I just mentioned this to my son. He gave me the "here we go again" look :huh: then followed that one with the "what's in it for me" eyebrow lift :cool: and of course the ultimate "home alone with a wacko" helpless look. :cry:

It is not so often that you get so many responses from the word waffle.

hookied_up: I would say.....you have something here.

This is a fantastic idea. My daughter loves meatloaf and loves waffles! I could cook up a batch of these, freeze them and she could take them back to college and nuke them. Any topping would stay on the meat and not slide off. Where in MI do you live? I'm a bit south of Lansing, maybe we're neighbors!

Back
Top Bottom