"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef
Old 04-09-2008, 09:37 PM   #71
Master Chef
How could I have missed this? I had copied this recipe down and tried out out back in February, it was awesome and has become one of our favorite recipes.
Sorry, Ol Blue, for not giving you your mention earlier!

Maverick2272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:46 PM   #72
Traveling Welcome Wagon
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
cool, i had no idea. i really do prefer her stuffing stuff, more like homemade. i add butter,onion,celery and a bit more seasoning to mine.

barbara, you know so much stuff.

I know stuff about stuffing! I remember when she died, there was an article in the Times-Advocate. I never knew she lived there until she died.

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #73
Head Chef
I must say this is a really great meatloaf. I made it again tonight and although I never have luck making meatloaf, this always comes out great.
elaine l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:03 PM   #74
Executive Chef
This is a very moist meatloaf. It has never failed me either.
Happy cooking, Marty.
mbasiszta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #75
Assistant Cook
I have this made and ready to into the oven in an hour or so. I can't wait to try it! Sure sounds good!
I'm just a Dad who loves food and I live in a house full of fussy eaters... it's a challenge!
jcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #76
Master Chef
I knew I shouold have look the recipe up. My DW ask me yesterday to make meatloaf, but I didn't mostlybecause I did no twant to look up a recipe, lazy.

But on the other issue, does any body know where Ol-Blue is.
You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #77
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Meat loaf sandwiches are among my favorite sandwiches in the world, but I make my mom's recipe. She used stale bread that she squeezed out with water and then squished it up. And she always chopped her own onions and sauteed them, the same way we always did /do for chopped liver.

Years ago, my doctor told me to avoid additives and preservatives in food, and I've been doing without them for so long that any of that stuff tastes unbearably salty to my palate.
Wine is the food that completes the meal.
ChefJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:51 PM   #78
Master Chef
Care to share your mom recipe in more details, June?
You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #79
Assistant Cook
Funny that is what we are having for dinner tonight. I made the meat mixture up Sunday night after getting groceries. Then I place it in a plastic bag for a couple days with everything marinating while I do nothing. Tonight I just plop it in the pan when I get home and let it cook. I will be adding some water to mine like the recipe says though, does that make it juicy or something? Also the beefy soup mix will be great as well! My husband adds a bit of barbecue sauce to the top and that gives it a bit of tang, love it. Ive been cooking up a storm lately because we just got back from a cooking vacation Italian Cooking Vacations: Tours & Cooking School Holidays to Italy in Italy, wine tasting as well! I cant stop, we just might weigh 500 pounds come Christmas. But I must try some of your recipe with mine. Thanks.
Angdeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:16 PM   #80
Executive Chef
I am not a "semi-homemade" kinda cook, but the basic ideas behind this recipe are sound. I have made it as it stands, and I have made it using fresh equivalents and while there was a difference, they were both very tasty meatloaves!

Robo410 is offline   Reply With Quote