Melt In Your Mouth Meat Loaf Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made it last night and it is yummy :) This has to be the best meatloaf I ever ate. I admit I was a little skeptical with the two cups of cheddar cheese, I love cheddar cheese, but I wasn't making a cheeseloaf here :huh: but everything came together for a fantastic taste! My only change was I went half and half with ground beef and ground pork. Thanks for a great recipe Ol-blue :chef:

Attachments

• meatloaf.JPG
    meatloaf.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 214
Thanks Debbie :)
I almost dug out my old camping plates, which look like yours only darker blue, but seeing as how I fixed homefries and peas with mine, too..... I didn't want to get busted by the internet police for copyright infringement :LOL:

This is the first real meatloaf I've ever made. I'm not counting RR's 30 minute meatloaf patties done in a skillet :wacko: It's going right into my regular rotation of things I love to make and eat....... often :pig:

I thought I was the only one who put stuffing in my meatloaf! One think I do is that a lot of meatloaf recipes call for ketchup. YUCK!! I use spaghetti sauce in my meatloaf. The flavor is outstanding.

Thanks Debbie :)
I almost dug out my old camping plates, which look like yours only darker blue, but seeing as how I fixed homefries and peas with mine, too..... I didn't want to get busted by the internet police for copyright infringement :LOL:

This is the first real meatloaf I've ever made. I'm not counting RR's 30 minute meatloaf patties done in a skillet :wacko: It's going right into my regular rotation of things I love to make and eat....... often :pig:

LOL....But did you have the blue checkered table cloth? That would have been neat to see it on your blue plates. I know I have to make this a lot for my son. He loves it for sandwiches.

I made this earlier this week. I must say it was excellent meatloaf. Had the leftovers for sandwiches. Thanks Ol-Blue for another great recipe.

Oh see NOW look what you did!
I was all settled on her Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf for tonight, after a tough decision between that and the Crock-pot one, and now THIS one is thrown in the mix! I had forgotten about it.
The bacon is already thawed, I better stick with it. Now I have 3 weeks worth of meatloves to try out.

a question..do you use the flavor packet that comes with the stuffing mix?? lol..I guess they still come with packets haven't opened the box of stove top to see

I used whatever came in the box, sage. I don't specifically remember what came in the box, but it was empty when I was done with it :)

No one mentioned cornbread stuffing mix so it is the other one that looks more like croutons. A lot of the boxes of stuffing no longer have the flavor packet; the herbs are in the stuffing package.

Went back to look at the OP and there is no topping on it. Looks like the cheese was enough that it didn't need any. Have ones here who do not like onions so I look forward to giving the onion soup mix a whirl in this recipe.

For sandwiches, we'll use spicy brown mustard or chili sauce. I am so glad that I will not have to put cheese on the sandwich!

Thanks a bunch for this recipe. I have been putting off making a meatloaf because I was so unsettled on a recipe.

No one mentioned cornbread stuffing mix so it is the other one that looks more like croutons. A lot of the boxes of stuffing no longer have the flavor packet; the herbs are in the stuffing package.

Went back to look at the OP and there is no topping on it. Looks like the cheese was enough that it didn't need any. Have ones here who do not like onions so I look forward to giving the onion soup mix a whirl in this recipe.

For sandwiches, we'll use spicy brown mustard or chili sauce. I am so glad that I will not have to put cheese on the sandwich!

Thanks a bunch for this recipe. I have been putting off making a meatloaf because I was so unsettled on a recipe.

Yes, it's the crouton stuffing and you are correct, there is not a flavor packets in the box anymore.

Spicy mustard is the best on meatloaf sandwiches. Enjoy the meatloaf!

Melt In Your Mouth Meat Loaf

img_539050_0_841a88046716f9372a82c4162006ba8f.jpg

2 pound(s) GROUND BEEF; Lean.
1 clove(s) GARLIC; Minced.
1 package(s) (6 ounce) STUFFING MIX; Any Flavor.
1 envelope(s) BEEFY ONION SOUP MIX
2 EGGS
2 cup(s) CHEDDAR CHEESE; Grated.
1 3/4 cup(s) WATER
_____

In a large bowl, combine ground beef, garlic, stuffing mix, beefy onion soup mix, eggs, cheese and water.
Mix well.
Press meat mixture into a large loaf pan; I used a 9 5/8 x 5 1/2 x 2 3/4 loaf pan with a jelly roll pan under it to catch any spill over (which did not happen).
Bake at 350 degrees covered for 1 hour.
Remove cover and continue to bake for 30 more minutes or until meat loaf is done.
Cooking time may vary depending on the size of baking dish being used.
_____

Is the cheddar cheese essential to this dish? I'm not a big fan of cheddar cheese. It looks WONDERFUL!!! <drool> lol

Is the cheddar cheese essential to this dish? I'm not a big fan of cheddar cheese. It looks WONDERFUL!!! <drool> lol

I left out the cheese and it was indeed very delicious without. One of the best meatloaf recipes I've tasted!

I also made it with half beef half turkey.

I am contemplating making it again this weekend!

The one thing I might do differently is to whirl the stuffing mix up in the FP so that it is a finer crumb. But that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom